Friday, October 8, 2021

Farmer H Discovers First-Hand That LESS Is MORE

Farmer H came home late on Thursday, because he was supervising some paid help over at the $23,000 house. He said he'd get something for his supper, since he was sure when he'd be done. Little did Farmer H know at the time that he was about to be rudely awakened.
____________________________________________________________________

"I went out by KFC, because I like their fried chicken. I ordered a combo, which is chicken, a side, a biscuit, and a soda. It's $7 and something. I told her I didn't want the soda. 
 
When I got to the window, she said, 'That'll be $11.49.' 
 
I said, 'WHAT? It's only $7 and something!' 
 
She said, 'Well, you didn't want the combo.' 
 
I said, 'I didn't want the soda. So I'm getting less, but now it costs more?' 
 
And she said, 'Because you didn't get the combo.' 
 
That's CRAZY! I just drove off and didn't take it. I went to Dairy Queen and got the 4-piece Honey BBQ Chicken Strip Basket, which comes with fries and toast. For $6.82."
_____________________________________________________________________
 
Good for him. But only last week, he was mad at Dairy Queen for charging him for a cup of water.

2 comments:

River said...

Silly man, should have taken the combo and brought the soda home for someone else to drink.

Hillbilly Mom said...

River,
He had to show them who's boss! I can't imagine that he thought he'd get it CHEAPER without a soda. Everybody knows the individual parts of a combo cost more when they're not a combo. Sweet Gummi Mary! He could have taken the soda, and poured it out right in front of them. I have no idea why he didn't want a soda, unless he was trying to bargain for a cheaper combo.