Thursday, October 28, 2021

My Flickering Hope Was SNUFFED Like A Candle Flame In A Drafty Room

I called my NP office about the problem getting my prescription. The girl who answered the phone was SO POLITE AND EFFICIENT! I swear, it made me woozy to be on the other end of a phone call with a person who was actually HELPFUL!

She took my name, heard my issue, and wrote it down! At least that's what she said she was doing. She could have been an Oscar-worthy actress, repeating what I said slowly, while rather than actually writing, doing the crazy temple twirly finger at her office mates. Anyhoo... she said she would pass that info on to the nurse, who would check it and bring it up to the NP if needed. 

While I was in the shower, I got a voice mail from the hospital number where my clinic is located. Huh. That was quick. I called back. I think I got the same office gal. I explained that a man had left a message for me to call the office.

"Oh. That was Rick. He was calling to tell you that your lab results came back, and they were excellent."

"Well. That's good news. Thank you very much."

I did not have the gumption to inquire about my prescription issue. It had only been a couple hours since my first call. So I still don't know what's going on there. I guess I'll probably have to get it by paying cash again, while I pursue other alternatives. One of them being to contact the rep with my insurance, who is notorious for not being available due to being OUT TO LUNCH. Which is generally over a 3-hour span.

6 comments:

River said...

A 3-hour span? How much lunch does the man eat?
I', reminded of an annoying neighbour who runs his bathroom exhaust fan for many, many hours at a time. A second neighbour quizzed him and the reply was he didn't like people hearing when he goes to the toilet. to which I said, "he runs that thing 23 hours a day! how often does he go to the toilet?"

Hillbilly Mom said...

River,
She's a lady, and I'm pretty sure she's not eating the whole time, just using "lunch" as an excuse to be away from the office for 3 hours.

As for the neighbor, maybe people wouldn't even notice when he's on the toilet if he didn't announce it by running the fan!

Sioux Roslawski said...

A three-hour lunch? When the lunch cart is slow to get to the 2nd floor--for the kids to get their lunches so they can eat in the classroom due to that pesky Covid--the teachers sometimes get as little as 5 minutes for their own lunch.

If I had 3 hours, I could wallow in my food, splash it around, reheat and re-season it, artfully arrange it with some parsley on a platter... I could do all sorts of things besides just eat it.

Hillbilly Mom said...

Sioux,
Well, Madam, that is quite disturbing! And I'm NOT talking about your food-wallowing.

River said...

The fan has nothing to do with him using the toilet and everything to do with clearing the drug-stinky air from his flat, stinky air which flows right into my back porch and then into my bedroom. I have to keep my door shut most of the time. No fresh airflow for me.

Hillbilly Mom said...

River,
Aha! New details to which I was not privy! Sorry he is suffocating you in your own home.