Tuesday, August 23, 2022

How Lazy Can People Be?

That's a rhetorical question. I shudder to think of examples of laziness that may come to light, of which I am currently blissfully unaware. 

While picking up necessities like bananas on Monday, prior to the county lettered highway going one-lane for bridge repairs on Tuesday and Wednesday... I spied this item on the shelf of Country Mart:

 
I'd never heard of FRY SAUCE until The Pony went off to college, and raved about it. I think he got it at a chicken fast-food chain. When he described it, I did not think it was appealing. But then I decided to try dipping my fries first in some mayo, and then in the ketchup. It's delicious! But what I want to know is...

HOW LAZY DO YOU HAVE TO BE, TO PAY FOR MAYO MIXED WITH KETCHUP?

Seriously. Just do it yourself. Or dip one after the other, like Mrs. HM! Of course I sent that picture to The Pony.

"Do you make your own?"

"Usually. Didn't I show you the one I bought last time I went to Country Mart? It expired like, 20 days later."

"I forgot what that was. I didn't look at the dates on these. I just came out of the store. Want me to get you one next time I go?"

"Nah."

At least The Pony is capable of making his own fry sauce now. And surely he must have been busy working long days when he bought some. Surely...

2 comments:

River said...

When I read Fry Sauce, I thought it was meant for frying in, not for dipping, then I read ketchup and mayo. oh boy. That really is hitting the heights of lazy. and if you buy a bottle of ketchup and a bottle/jar of mayo, you can mix your won just the way you like it and have plenty left over to mix more.
Personally I would never mix sauce and mayo, but I did used to put sauce and mustard on hot dogs. Back in the days when I ate those things.

Hillbilly Mom said...

River,
I agree about the name. It should be called FRIES sauce. Then you know right away what it's about. Unless you call your fries "chips!" The thought of combining the mayo and ketchup, whether at home or in a bottle, seems repulsive to me. Yet I LOVE dipping my fries first in mayo, then in ketchup, so the fries have a coating of each.

The Pony has only ever put ketchup on his hot dogs. That is considered a cultural no-no, since everybody knows MUSTARD is for hot dogs!