Monday, August 8, 2022

Mrs. HM Got Flagged

 On the way home from town Thursday, I surprised a local resident of Outer Hillmomba.

 
I've seen her along here for several weeks. Hope she stays safe. It's not like she lives in the suburbs and terrorizes the populace. This is the freakin' COUNTRY, and deer deserve to roam free. They would be smart to stay off the roads, though!

The deer are usually a bit more skittish. You raise a phone to take a picture, and off they go! This one must be exceptionally brave. Or dumb. She posed prettily for her photo, but then drew the line at a closeup.

 
Yep! Mrs. HM got flagged! That's the term when a deer flips up the tail and takes off. Oh, well. I'll probably get another closeup opportunity eventually.

Hope you enjoy this little slice of tranquility. Mrs. HM has spent the weekend getting all fired up over something the mail brought on Friday...

5 comments:

River said...

She did pose very nicely, that's a lovely shot.

Sioux Roslawski said...

So. I guess we all have to wait to find out what came in the mail on Friday?

By the way, I am telling you this so you can laugh and laugh and laugh: I have my first work (all day) meeting tomorrow.

School's (almost) in for 10 months!

Hillbilly Mom said...

River,
She was there again today! Same exact place. My darn phone thought I had corpse fingers, I suppose, because it didn't want to take the picture when I touched the button.

***
Sioux,
Yes, Madam, you will have to wait. I am still in the midst of processing my rage. I had partial dealings with the situation today, and my dang phone cut me off.

I am NOT laughing. Every time I see a back-to-school commercial, I have a bout of PTSD. Then I remember that I AM RETIRED! My mom used to start mentioning school right after the 4th of July. I had to tell her to knock it off! She didn't mean anything by it, but I wanted to think I still had my summer vacation left. Not start a countdown to my indentured servitude.

Enjoy that meeting! It might be the high point of the semester! At least once you get past Christmas, you can keep telling yourself that the school year is almost over.

Kathy's Klothesline said...

I have noticed two around here. One of them helped herself to a plot of fowers and left evidence of her snacking. HeWho saw a bear cub crossing the road this morning right after he turned out of our driveway. I think I smelled Mama Bear and Papa Bear the other morning when I went out with the dogs. Not as bad as a skunk, but not at all pleasant!

Hillbilly Mom said...

Kathy,
You can keep those bears! Sorry the deer found your flowers so tempting.