Wednesday, August 10, 2022

One Box Left Behind

I should have known. It was too good to be true. Sometimes, I can be as blind to blatant signs as The Pony.

The Pony loves Little Debbie Cosmic Brownies. He buys them for himself when he has time to go to the store, but they don't last long. When I pass by the Little Debbie display, I pick up a box for The Pony. 

Country Mart has a little table set up as you enter the store, with the giant boxes of Little Debbies. I can't believe how much the price has gone up. I guess Little Debbie might be strapped for cash. Country Mart has a sign there advertising two of the giant boxes for $8. I don't think this is a bargain. I think they charge $4 each anyway. I guess I need to be more observant.

Anyhoo... for the past few months, the Cosmic Brownies have been hard to find. The table up front used to have them, but now has Oatmeal Pies and sometimes Fudge Rounds, and Nutty Bars, and other kinds The Pony is not as crazy about. Even on the regular snack cake and donut aisle, I couldn't find the Cosmic Brownies. I don't know if it's because they were so popular and got bought right out from under my nose, or if there's a shortage. Sometimes I can find them in Save A Lot.

Anyhoo... last week, there was a single box of Cosmic Brownies on the Country Mart table. Of course I snatched it up for The Pony, and gave it to him when I stopped by. The next morning, The Pony sent me a text:

"Your brownie box was *taped*"

 
"Only on the one side, but still!"

"It was the only one! It DID feel smashed when I picked it up. They've been hard to find."

I doubt that The Pony was dissuaded from eating those brownies. They are individually wrapped inside the box. I doubt that a maniac took the time to bring a syringe of poison into Country Mart to inject each brownie.

It's been a week, and The Pony is still kickin'.

3 comments:

Sioux Roslawski said...

People will travel from out of this world to get those Cosmic Brownies...

River said...

As long as The Pony is okay. I guess there was some other reason the box was taped. Perhaps someone helped themselves to just one brownie then put opened the box back?

Hillbilly Mom said...

Sioux,
Even Cosmo Kramer! No Marble Rye for him! He probably has an even bigger box, like his supply of Beef-a-rino.

***
River,
Maybe the glue didn't stick down the flap, from the looks of the picture. Perhaps that tape was applied as it was readied for shipment at the factory. Little Debbie herself might have been standing by with a tape dispenser!

The Pony would have noticed if a single brownie was missing! He'd sing like a canary about it.