Thursday, November 18, 2021

Farmer H Provides Dessert

When I made the pot of sausage, potatoes, and cabbage on Sunday, dessert was already waiting. Farmer H had picked it up at the auction on Saturday night. I didn't ask what he paid for it, but I'm thinking a dollar. Two at the most.

It was a plate of brownies, already sliced. They were sliced into triangle shapes, which is kind of odd for a brownie. Maybe it was baked in a round pan. Or maybe the cook was being all artsy-fartsy. Maybe the brownies were made by those girls whose wares Farmer H has bought previously.

Anyhoo... I made sure I picked out the least triangle-y brownie for myself:

 
It was in a smaller bowl than my main course. Wouldn't it be great to have such a giant brownie? Or maybe not. This brownie was good enough. It was truly a brownie, not a mud cake masquerading as a brownie. As you can see, I got the best piece! It's a corner!

Now, if I may critique... C'mon! You knew it was comin'! I think maybe the triangle shape was meant to represent a Christmas tree! See those little decoration Christmas trees on top of the brownie? And the red stocking? The white stuff is PEPPERMINT! That gets this brownie a thumbs-down from me. I like peppermint well enough alone. But not on a brownie.

At least I figured it out after the first bite, and picked the rest of it off. Only a little of the peppermint flavor lingered. I also warned The Pony, who was appreciative of the tip-off.

I can't wait to see what Farmer H brings home from the auction this weekend!

3 comments:

River said...

Christmas Brownies! What a great idea! Without the peppermint of course. I think I'll make some for my kids this year.

Sioux Roslawski said...

Farmer H has skipped Thanksgiving and headed straight to Christmas when it comes to treats.

I guess it's harder to shape a brownie like a turkey than a triangle/tree...

Has Farmer H decided to show off his soft side?

Hillbilly Mom said...

River,
Yes, leave off the peppermint! I'm a fan of chocolate mint ice cream, and I enjoy a good box of Junior Mints with a movie, but BROWNIES and mint just don't go together.

***
Sioux,
Heh, heh. I'd hate to see what a turkey brownie attempt would look like. Farmer H is soft in the head. That's about it.