Monday, November 8, 2021

Once They're Sanitized, They Can Slip Into Something More Comfortable

Hand sanitizer it not the only "treat" I bought The Pony at Country Mart. I also got him a pair of gloves for work. I know they won't be useful for the hand he uses to type things into his scanner. Most likely his right hand, as he's not a crazy lefty like Genius. But he can use these gloves when the weather is chilly, on days he delivers packages.
 
Temperatures have been dipping below freezing overnight here at the Mansion this past week. The Pony does NOT park under the carport, even though Farmer H cleared space for him by moving the Gator. He says he allows time to scrape his windshield. So he could use the gloves for that, too.

 
Aren't they cool? The background color and shadow of my phone does not do them justice. They're that bright HIGHLIGHTER YELLOW color. Not bad for grocery store gloves! The best part is: they were only $1.99! You can't beat that with a stick!

I actually bought The Pony a pair last week, but what I thought was size L was actually size XL. The Pony said the fingertips were a little bit long, and he'd prefer a simple size L. For $1.99, I picked up a pair the next time I went. PLUS a pair for Farmer H, who had seen the XLs, and said he wouldn't mind having some for himself. You know, for $1.99. They both like their new gloves!

 
Here's a closeup of the "honeycomb" grip, and the mesh back. Farmer H will be using his gloves to work on Pony House. He's working without a furnace, you know. Having trouble getting a call back from the heating & cooling guy, who's a former student of mine, and a distant relative of Farmer H.

If the display still has gloves left in the proper size, I might pick up a couple more pair!

6 comments:

River said...

They look like good all-purpose gloves. I hope they are sturdy enough to last the winter. If I had to put up with that kind of cold, I'd be ensconced in a chair next to a blazing fire for the duration. Or any other form of heating.

Hillbilly Mom said...

River,
I'm sure they won't be warm enough for winter. The Pony might need to wear a mitten over it. Or get those fingerless gloves to use on his scanner hand. And at $1.99, I'm pretty sure they won't last very long...

I am cold here in my dark bassment lair, wearing a fleece jacket and an orange sock cap! To think of The Pony walking the streets in snow makes me shiver!

River said...

Walking at least will keep his circulation going.

Hillbilly Mom said...

River,
The Pony says he would be fine with wearing SHORTS on these cold mornings! I think once he gets going, he's fine except for maybe his hands when the temps start to stay in the 30s-40s.

Kathy's Klothesline said...

Tell the pont to wear one of those stretchy cheap pairs of gloves under those, or even the XL pair. I bet the honeycomb grip helps him keep a good grip on the mail as he delivers it to mailboxes. Since I have been sorting and packing I keep finding things such as gloves still brand new that HeWho purchased and never used!

Hillbilly Mom said...

Kathy,
You can lead a Pony to work gloves, but you can't make him wear them. He's funny like that. Doesn't like long sleeves, either. He'll push them up his forearms.