Monday, November 1, 2021

THIS Should Have Been My HalloweenTale

Farmer H went to the auction on Saturday night. Halloween Eve. We don't really celebrate Halloween these days, with the boys grown, and nobody wanting to drive a mile up a gravel road to ring our doorbell and Trick or Treat.

At 7:00, Farmer H sent me an email. That's how I knew he was sending me a picture. When I'm in my dark basement lair, a picture sent by text won't load on my phone. All it does is that spinny wheel thing, and drain my battery power. But an email will come in instantly. I don't understand that invisible air wave juju, but that's how it works here in the Mansion.

I thought Farmer H might have found some furnishings for Pony House. But when I opened the email, I saw his subject line: Present.

Ooh! A PRESENT! For li'l ol' MEEEEE?

 
Is that picture SPOOKY, or what? It looks like something out of a movie (I've never seen) like The Nightmare Before Christmas, or The Corpse Bride. 

It's actually a little chocolate cake in the shape of a heart. About the diameter of a grapefruit. It's in a container that looks like it might once have held an electronic "prize" from one of those game/vending machines in the front of the Devil's Playground.

Farmer H further explained: "Bought you a sweet"

To which I replied, "Because I'm so sweet!" Heh, heh.

Actually, there were TWO such (heh, heh, I first typed 'suck') cakes on the counter when I went upstairs. The other was in a proper Chinese Tupperware container. Farmer H said he's the only person who bid on them, and he got them for a total of $2. I have not yet sampled my sweet. He said both were for me, but I designated one to The Pony, who has also not tried it yet.

I'm just saying... Farmer H's presentation leaves a little to be desired. It's a perfect picture for Halloween.

4 comments:

River said...

Who cares about presentation when it's chocolate cake bought by someone else?
Enjoy.

Hillbilly Mom said...

River,
I thought I was going to enjoy it immensely. However... those auction gals are not good bakers. That cake was SO HEAVY! Not cakey at all. Very dense, like fruitcake without the fruit. The taste was okay. Nothing special. The Pony hasn't tried it yet.

River said...

So it was a mudcake. I remember well how dense they are, they need to be eaten in very thin slices with a side of icecream or whipped cream.

Hillbilly Mom said...

River,
It's a mudcake as far as I'm concerned, heh, heh! Ice cream or whipped cream would have improved it greatly.