Tuesday, January 11, 2022

After All, It's Under His Roof

I baked a bunch of boneless, skinless chicken breasts before I went to town. Farmer H was going to be working late over at Pony House, so I figured he could warm one up for his supper. The Pony wanted some chicken to put in the spicy burritos he makes with assorted oils and pepper and black beans and rice. 

I had a big bag of breasts that I got at Country Mart, still half full. So I put them in one pan. I knew I had some more there somewhere. In sorting through the mini freezer in the laundry room, and the freezer side of FRIG II, I found a bag that expired in June 2020, and one from 2019. Oh, and the recent one I was looking for. Which I put in my other pan to bake. I cut them up and freeze the cooked version in individual servings, for The Pony's burritos, or my chicken bowls that I copy from Hardee's.

After the good breasts were done, I put them in FRIG II, and put the expired ones in the pans to bake, so the dogs can have a few days of hearty treats. I put them on a plate beside the sink to cool, near the big tub of dog meatball treats that is nearly empty now.

"Pony! If you start your food before I get back from town, don't use the DOG CHICKEN! 
I hope Dad doesn't come home early and eat it!"

"Maybe you should label it?"

"I did! I know how he eats the dog bread when I set it out of the cabinet. So there's a paper plate labeled: DOG CHICKEN."

Farmer H did NOT make it home before I returned. So I was tasked with putting that DOG CHICKEN in FRIG II, and somehow making him know not to eat it. I couldn't use the same rectangular Chinese containers. So I put it in a black plastic container just like them, which doesn't have a lid. I put foil over the top, and propped the paper plate on top of it, after flipping that plate over and also marking the back of it with DOG CHICKEN.

Knowing Farmer H, he will think it's something special, due to the foil. Something we're holding out on him. He might try to eat it anyway, since it IS under his roof...

4 comments:

River said...

Is there NOTHING that man won't try to eat? How is he still alive?

Hillbilly Mom said...

River,
Farmer H is not a fan of green peppers. He will pick them off a pizza, and out of Chinese food. So maybe I should combine anything I want to keep away from him with green peppers!

I don't know how he's still alive after eating those six-week-old hot dogs in a baggie from a pack that had already been opened. I guess they'd been pushed to the back of FRIG II, and he found them.

He DID get pretty sick one time when I was resting at my $17,000 house, right before Baby Genius was born. I sent him to the store, and he bought himself a TV dinner that was Linguine With Clam Sauce. It must have been bad, because he was green for three days! It wasn't a fancy TV dinner. Just about a dollar, a regular frozen dinner on a rectangular tray. I'd never choose one with seafood!

Kathy's Klothesline said...

If I labeled something "dog chicken", HeWho would want to know which part of the chicken that was!!

Hillbilly Mom said...

Kathy,
Not Farmer H. He'd just eat it if he wanted it, even if I drew a skull and crossbones on it. I can only SUGGEST that it's not for human consumption. He will make his own decisions, by cracky!