Sunday, January 30, 2022

Cautiously Optimistic

Saturday, I awoke with the slim hope that I am getting better. I had slept a solid 3.5 hours without waking every hour. I wasn't freezing. I got up around 10:30 and took my regular medicines. My temperature was only 99!

Since I was feeling kind-of okay, not extremely nauseous, I decided to wash the dishes that have been sitting beside the sink. I was kind of weak walking around to the sink. I did not like the cold shower that sprayed out of the dang spigot that Farmer H won't treat with vinegar to make it stop doing that. But sooon enough, I had hot water in which to plunge my hands. 

I washed the container from the delicious noodle/chicken/mushroom/pea dish that went to waste because we got sick right after I made it. And a pan from The Pony's supper, and a pan from my oatmeal, which wasn't really dirty, but looked like it hadn't been clean to start with.

WHOA! Too much! So exhausted. I hobbled back to the table and HIPPIE. Rested a minute. Read some internets. I was again feeling kind-of okay. So I decided to write out the bills for Pony House expenses. About halfway through, I started to regret it. But I had to finish.

Then Farmer H came home with my DQ grilled chicken sandwich. I mustered the strength to take it to the living room and eat it. Took about a half hour. He was watching that dang Barrett/Jackson Auto Auction. I KNEW he would fall asleep in his recliner. Yet he wouldn't give me the remote. Kept it where I couldn't reach it. So I got stuck watching an hour of that dang show. Then he denied sleeping.

I took a shower, but got SO EXHAUSTED that I couldn't stay in that delicious hot water very long. Then Farmer H went to the auction, and I waited on The Pony to get home.

I tried putting on socks standing at the piano bench, like I always do. I almost fell over! Pony had to rush over to help. This dizziness is a pain.

Pony agrees that I am getting better, but that I just overdid it today. I hope he's right.

2 comments:

River said...

How does a vinegar treatment stop a spigot from spraying cold water?
Why do you stand to put on socks? sit down and pull them on.
Take it easy while recovering.

Hillbilly Mom said...

River,
There is hard water/calcium buildup where that round part screws onto the spigot. Vinegar dissolves. Farmer H just needs to unscrew it and let it soak. Or stand there and hold a ramekin of vinegar on it until it dissolves. I, myself, am too weak. Then the water will run straight out like normal. It's COLD, because my kitchen sink takes about 5 minutes to get warm water to it.

I've always stood to put on my socks. At the piano bench. Just a habit. If I sit and bend, the blood rushes to my head.