Saturday, January 29, 2022

The Under-Roof Castle King Strikes Again

On Wednesday, The Pony picked up Domino's Pizza for himself. He also asked if Farmer H wanted some. He did. I did not. The Pony has a standard order. He knows what pizza and what bread bites and which sauces he will need to get two days out of his meal.

Farmer H ate half his pizza on Wednesday. Then the other half on Thursday. I was sitting on the short couch, trying to get warm under the afghan, and didn't really pay attention to Farmer H. He had microwaved his pizza, and was traipsing back and forth starting a bath in the big triangle tub in the master bathroom.

It wasn't until The Pony was home, leaning over the long couch, that I noticed something amiss.

"Pony? Was Dad supposed to have garlic butter?"

"No?"

Yet we both saw the empty container on Farmer H's plate.

"You took The Pony's garlic butter. He was counting on that for tonight."

"If I want garlic butter, I'll have garlic butter!"

"That is so unfair!"

"You've let me have it before."

"Dad. You always ask, and I get extra so you can have some. But this time you just took it."

"I'm not gonna ask if I can have some garlic butter."

It's a losing battle.

2 comments:

River said...

Definitely a losing battle. Perhaps The Pony should always buy extra and hide one away for himself.

Hillbilly Mom said...

River,
Pony bought pizza for ME Saturday night, and more of the bread bites for himself. He left the sauces in his car!