Monday, January 24, 2022

The Relapse Of Mrs. HM

Sweet Gummi Mary! Just when I thought I'd beat the sickness spread to me by Farmer H, a relapse has occurred! You may recall that The Pony has not been feeling his best. Starting on Wednesday at work, thinking he might miss a day, then working Thursday and Friday. Well. It caught up to him. He had to call in on Saturday, due to chills all night, and possible fever. He said he'd been blowing out snot flecked with blood. He DID make it to work on Sunday, and says he feels better.

HOWEVER... on Saturday, the 6th day of my sickness, just as I was feeling healed... my sinuses clogged up. I was blowing out bloody snot. I didn't FEEL bad. Except for the fever. Yes. The return of the fever. Whereas it had been 100 with my first sickness, it was 100.6 with this one. AND went up to 101 as I was making some supper for The Pony on Sunday evening. But it gets worse!

I was sitting at the kitchen table, having just returned from a bathroom visit, chatting with The Pony about feeling beat down by my fever... when I started to see black spots. The whole room was going dark. 

"Oh, no! I don't feel so good. Something is wrong. I might faint. I don't hurt. I can breathe. But I'm going to pass out!"

I turned toward the table, and put my head down on it. The Pony dashed around bringing me water, a piece of a Symphony candy bar, an aspirin, and the Hawaiian Roll I asked for. You see, I had not eaten since some Cheerios around 4:00. Now at 7:30, I was feeling nauseated. Not like eating or drinking. Farmer H asked if I needed to go to the ER. Nope! They're not gonna kill Mrs. HM like that!

After about 5 minutes of wavering in the dark/light, the black spots began to slowly recede. I felt faint sweat beads along my hairline. I think the fever broke. I got the aspirin down, and a bite of the best Hawaiian Roll I ever tasted. The chocolate wasn't bad, either. It's like my congestion all went away, and I could taste a little bit again.

I don't know what's going on. For sure I was dehydrated, since I hadn't felt like drinking. Yet still having to go pee every hour. Whatever is wrong with me, I hope I'm coming out the other side.

I don't even want to go to my lair. Staying upstairs Sunday night. Drinking water. I hate being sick.

The Pony, however, says he feels pretty good.

7 comments:

River said...

With a fever and bloody snot, you shouldn't even be handling food. I suspect you've all had some variant of Covid, I've heard the Omicron is more like a bad head cold, but not drinking yet peeing a lot is also suspicious, that's sometimes a symptom of diabetes. Get tested. The not eating for only three and a half hours shouldn't have been a problem. Most people only eat at longer intervals, like breakfast, lunch and dinner with more hours in between.

Kathy's Klothesline said...

I hate that feeling! When I see spots, though, it signals the beginning of a migraine. I hope you start to feel better. Drink plenty of fluids, take some aspirin and don't call me as I will be closing this sale tomorrow. Rumor has it, anyway. HeWho has said I must be nice, but I am entertaining a fantasy in which I sit politely throughout the proceedings until they present the documents for my signature. I pause dramatically, then look up smiling sweetly and say, "Yeah, I have changed my mind, so no, this isn't happening." Would be so satisfying with no repercussions for me, as we are no longer under contract as of the 20th. They seem to have twisted their panties in a wad because I sold my household appliances. My personal property that was not part of the contract. Boo hoo.

Hillbilly Mom said...

River,
I was stirring instant rice in a saucepan, not blowing my nose in it! The Pony had the bloody snot first. I'm pretty sure diabetes has insatiable thirst that accompanies the constant peeing. One of my students ended up in the hospital with it.

I don't think I'll starve to death after 3.5 hours since eating. I should have clarified that it was nothing since supper the night before, then the handful of dry Cheerios at 4:00. The thought of food made me feel sick.

***
Kathy,
I'm trying to get more fluids down. My nightly aspirin brought the fever down for a few hours.

Hope your closing goes through!

Sioux Roslawski said...

More time upstairs means more time spent with Farmer H. I have a feeling you will feel like going back down in your lair really soon.

Hillbilly Mom said...

Sioux,
I would even relish my time up here with Farmer H if I only felt better. I feel like questionably-labeled Alfredo Sauce on a past-date Ritz Cracker!

River said...

Oops, my mistake. The insatiable thirst is a symptom, I don't know what I was thinking of to get my wires crossed like that.

Hillbilly Mom said...

River,
So is the peeing, but in combination with the thirst. That poor kid said he kept getting up to have a soda. He might have had four or five. The absolute WORST thing for him. I think his blood sugar was in the 800s. He could have died!