Thursday, January 27, 2022

Being Sick Is Hard Work

I'm exhausted from trying to drink 8 cups of water a day. From shivering so hard that my sinews twang like banjo strings. Tuesday night, I'm surprised Farmer H didn't think I was possessed, I was shaking the bed so much. I had to go get the afghan from the living room, and drape it over the regular blanket on my side of the bed. A couple hours later found me almost incinerated! 

I took a bathroom break. My cheeks in the mirror were the color of a red Solo cup. When I laid back down, I didn't put on any cover. That lasted about a half hour. Then I got chilly again. This fever won't quit. I can't decide if the fever or the nausea or the dizziness is worse. Depends on which one I'm experiencing at the time, I guess.

The best part of the day is when Farmer H brings me that DQ grilled chicken sandwich around 2:00. By 3:00, I can work up to eating it. Wednesday, it was the SADDEST chicken sandwich I ever saw! The bun was round, but the tiny scrap of chicken was like a Vienna Sausage. It was still tasty.

Right now I have to get ready for my Z-Pack pill. I'm making a frozen chicken patty, with BBQ sauce. Also some saltine crackers. It's 6:38 p.m., and I'm on my 4th cup of water. Four to go.

I'm hoping to sit up on the couch long enough to watch The Amazing Race. They're bungee jumping off some incredibly high structure. That might take my mind off my sickness for a while.

2 comments:

River said...

Bungee jumping! Yikes. The jump part sounds fine, but then there's the being snapped back upward by that long elastic band part, which sounds much less fun. When I was younger I used to think I might like abseiling, but never got around to trying it.
Here's your cup, gulp, gulp, gulp..

Hillbilly Mom said...

River,
OH MY GOSH! It was some kind of dam in Switzerland. Farmer H was also horrified. "Nope. Nope. Nope." We could never be on The Amazing Race. Though we might have been good at one of the other challenges, which was making sausages.

Definitely no abseiling for us, either!