Monday, January 31, 2022

Not Enough Caution, Too Much Optimism

Saturday night was not good for Mrs. HM. Up every hour. Struggle to sleep. Still had the dizzies. Moving kind of slow all day Sunday, until I tried another shower around 4:30. I think I lasted an extra two minutes in the hot water this time. Some progress.

The Pony was off. He fetched things for me, and warmed my pizza lunch. As long as I was sitting still, I was fine. I am trying to get a lot of rest, but at least get up and move around.

Farmer H brought me the DQ grilled chicken sandwich for supper, since he was gone all day. I swear, I don't know what else those freaks can think of to do wrong with this sandwich! This time, it had the fibrous over-cooked layers of meat on the bottom, AND a tomato slice that was a half-inch thick with that green stem part through the middle of it.

I just want to get better.

4 comments:

River said...

Just tell him you aren't well enough yet and don't want any more DQ chicken sangers* for a while.
* Aussie slang for sandwich

Rae said...

Not that I doubted you, but now I know you're sick. I can't remember a time you didn't post something on your blog. I hope you're okay. You've been feeling pretty poorly for quite awhile now, so I am very concerned. Ranee (MN)

Sioux Roslawski said...

Oh, you missed the joy of an evening call last night... and another one tonight. That last one cancelled school on Friday as well (it will be virtual on Friday).

Oh wait. Every day (for you) is Saturday/Sunday/a snow day...

Hillbilly Mom said...

River,
I do like those sandwiches, but when you don't feel good, the burnt bun, green tomato, and fibrous chicken are disappointing.

***
Rae,
Getting back to the old blog briefly for a few days.

***
Sioux,
I have been missing quite a bit of joy. This snow day wasn't one of them!