Tuesday, February 15, 2022

Farmer H Again Behaves Abnormally To Annoy Me

One phrase I associate with Farmer H is: WHO DOES THAT? He definitely has some weird ideas. 

Monday, he came home after picking up the mail and finally getting some cash out of our Pony House account. With me out of commission, we'd been spending out of our regular checking account to pay Pony House bills. 

Farmer H was supposed to take out money on Friday, but he forgot! And then he told me that Monday was President's Day, so our credit union would be closed. Nope! President's Day is NEXT Monday. So I sent him a text, and he went by and got the cash out. Which we will use over time for our weekly cash allowances, and keep in one of the basement safes, rather than withdrawing from our checking account.

Anyhoo... Farmer H came to the living room, and said,

"I put the money on your computer."

"WHAT? Why would you do THAT? You mean you put it on the keyboard?"

"Yes. It didn't hurt nothin'."

"You don't KNOW that! It might have set off something, depending on which keys it pushed."

"It didn't light up or nothin'. So it's fine."

I went to the kitchen, and saw that Farmer H had laid the two pieces of mail on the table beside HIPPIE, yet put the money envelope right on the keys.

WHO DOES THAT?

Thankfully, my HIPPIE had gone to sleep. So it needed me to sign in with the security password to get going again. I don't even want a security password like this, but The Pony set it up that way when HIPPIE was new. I guess it might have saved HIPPIE from going all wonky from Farmer H's less-than-tender touch plopping the money envelope on the keys.

I'm not sure WHY the money could not have laid on the mail right next to HIPPIE.

5 comments:

Sioux Roslawski said...

You are crazy. Trying to make sense out of what men does is ridiculous.

River said...

He did it this way to be sure you didn't confuse the money envelope with the regular mail. Does this mean my brain is having a Farmer H day? oh dear.

Hillbilly Mom said...

Sioux,
Yes. I am crazy. Trying to make Farmer H's actions logical in any way is a daily task that presents a challenge.

***
River,
Nice try to cover for Farmer H! But the mail was two junk-mail catalogs, and the money envelope is a small pouch with the credit union's logo, and looks nothing like regular mail. If that had been Farmer H's intent, he would have surely used it when I interrogated him!

Kathy's Klothesline said...

He does make your life more interesting! We met with a financial advisor at the bank, HeWHo without hearing aids. Fortunately, the young woman is a loud spoken person. Still, I could tell he was confused with part of her presentation, so I looked her in the eye and told her I needed a moment to translate her words to him and not to try to clarify anything I said. She wanted to invest some of our money and asked if we preferred conservative or taking a risk. He wanted to take a risk and I didn't, so I blatantly misled the deaf man and got what I wanted. Does this make me a bad person? No! I am just trying to even things out after he accepted that 100 grand decreases in our profits. Am I now tempting Karma or fulfilling the purpose of Karma? Some things are not blog fodder, since he reads my blog!!

Hillbilly Mom said...

Kathy,
I think you are allowed to use those tactics to offset HeWho's decision on your profits!