Friday, February 11, 2022

Something Is Chickeny In The State Of Mail Delivery

Never a dull moment when The Pony is on the job. He brought home a picture of a delivery. It is questionable.


"I knew you'd want to blog about this one!"

"I don't have my glasses, but I can see what you're getting at!"

"Listen to the description! 'Designed for the super-chewers in your pack. These rock-hard toys stand up to all the gnawing, chewing, and munching your dog can muster. Made of durable nylon infused with tempting rotisserie chicken flavoring that lasts for the lifetime of the toy. Made in USA. Color: Purple. Sizes: S (5 1/2 inches long), L (7 1/2 inches long).'"

"That is SO SKETCHY! The two sizes!"

"Yeah. But I guess they're really dog toys, because of the--"

"ROTISSERIE CHICKEN FLAVOR!"

"I KNOW!"

Never a dull moment for The Pony on the job. Unless he's sitting in snow, waiting on a tow.

6 comments:

Kathy's Klothesline said...

I was intrigued. It is purple which seems to be a color used for, um, other "toys". But what I am really interested in, is how do they made it taste like chicken? How do they make the flavor last? What is the lifespan of the toy? Is the artificial flavoring harmful to dogs? Or people? What if you have dogs and also raise chickens? Won't this make your dogs be more likely to kill your chickens? I could really be annoying to the company who made this "product".

Hillbilly Mom said...

Kathy,
It is quite an odd description and sizing for a DOG TOY! The chicken flavoring must be a red herring to throw off suspicion. I wonder if any of your Kampground residents (you know the one!) ever ordered such a toy, dog or not...

River said...

I can see it being a chew toy, the base has an extended bit so a paw could be placed there to hold it steady while the dog chews the upper portion.

Hillbilly Mom said...

River,
They could have been more tasteful and dog-like in their description!

Sioux Roslawski said...

Gnawing... munching... muster. The idea of those words being used to describe other "toys" makes me cringe.

Hillbilly Mom said...

Sioux,
It is quite off-putting! But the chicken flavor is the worst!