Sunday, February 13, 2022

A Disappointing Discovery

The Pony got me some scratchers for my birthday. I had not scratched a scratcher since Jan 21. I'd been too sick to go to town, and shaking with chills and fever. Scratchers did not even appeal to me. But I WAS happy to get scratchers from The Pony. So I must be getting better! I had the concentration to scratch them. However...

MY SCRATCHING MUSCLES HAVE ATROPHIED!!!

Seriously. It was hard work to scrape the film off of those scratchers. It took a long time. My hand was shaky. I guess I need more practice. And more practice. And MORE practice...

I had a $50 winner, a $5 winner, and a $6 winner. Thanks, Pony!

4 comments:

River said...

I'm sorry to hear your scratching muscles have atrophied, but they'll be good as new with more practise. Congratulations on the wins.

Hillbilly Mom said...

River,
Thanks! Any win is better than no win! I will build up my muscles again.

Kathy's Klothesline said...

You need more practice! The men should be bringing you scratchers every day, you know, instead of flowers!!

Hillbilly Mom said...

Kathy,
EXACTLY! It's my physical therapy. They should be providing me the resources to get my scratching muscles back in shape.