Friday, February 18, 2022

All That Trouble For Nothing

Welp! It looks like Mrs. HM's best-laid plans have gone awry. All that trouble arguing with Farmer H to re-claim T-Hoe. He finally relinquished my trusty vehicle, saying he could drive A-Cad on Friday. Even though he doesn't expect to get SilverRedO back from Mick the Mechanic until Monday.

Now we have a wintery mix on the ground. Not much. But I saw the sleet coming down mid-afternoon as the temperature dropped. It lined the porch and rails of the Mansion. It doesn't bother me to drive on it. T-Hoe has never let me down. It DOES bother me to think I might slip and fall!

Farmer H always scoops it off the porch steps as best he can. And there's a rail for those four steps. But the Gas Station Chicken Store doesn't clean off their lot, save sprinkling salt around the gas pump area and door. Orb K has chunks of frozen trouble sliding off their roof, and crashing to the sidewalk. The Liquor Store has a short hill and ramp up to the door. Country Mart generally does not clean off their sidewalk. IF Save A Lot plows their lot, I might be able to find a parking spot and get inside there to use their lottery machine.

I was SO looking forward to getting back to town for scratchers. The Pony says he will keep me updated on conditions. He says the temp is supposed to get into the 40s. Maybe by the time I go to town, it will be melted.

4 comments:

River said...

Good idea to wait it out at home. Could The Pony pick up scratchers for you?

Hillbilly Mom said...

River,
The Pony has brought me tickets twice, not counting my birthday tickets where I won $50. He got me a $40 and $15 winner once, and a $50 winner the next day!

Maybe I should turn the selection over to The Pony! However... the sleet was melted off the back porch by noon. When I went to town at 1:00, everything was clear.

Kathy's Klothesline said...

Not worth the chance of falling!!

Hillbilly Mom said...

Kathy,
I was definitely prepared not to go! But when I saw all the melting, I felt safe enough to try.