Wednesday, March 30, 2022

A GOOD Example Of Customer Service

Tuesday, I bought gas for T-Hoe, and some lottery tickets at the Sis-Town Casey's. I had a friendly cashier, who rang up my purchases just right. Quick and efficient. I forked over my money, thanked her, wished her a nice day as well, and headed back to T-Hoe to pump my $20 of gas that would fill 1/4 of his tank.
 
I was in the middle of the parking lot, halfway to T-Hoe, when I heard:
 
"MA'AM? MA'AM"
 
I turned around. Am I a MA'AM? I suppose so. It was my cashier, running after me.
 
"I'm so sorry! I forgot to hand you your PowerBall ticket!"
 
"Oh! I forgot I bought it! I only buy them when the Jackpot is high. Thank you so much for bringing it to me!"

Now THAT is customer service! She made a little mistake, and ran after me to make it right.

Wouldn't it be funny if that ticket wins something? Heh, heh. I never win anything on PowerBall. Not even $2. But the Jackpot for Wednesday night is $202 million. 
 
Can't win if you don't buy a ticket! Or if you leave it on the edge of the cash register...

5 comments:

Sioux Roslawski said...

Knowing how lucky you sometimes are, I wonder... Will you ever win a big one?

River said...

It's Thursday here now, so I guess you're just about to win that Jackpot.
I've run after customers too, usually with a bag of groceries. They buy, they pay, they walk away...
It got to the point where "don't forget your bags" got to be part of my patter.

Hillbilly Mom said...

Sioux,
When I pose such a question, The Pony coughs out: "Eighty-six hundred dollars!" Even though that was on a slot machine, not a lottery ticket.

***
River,
Sad to say, we won NOTHING on our two PowerBall tickets for the Wednesday night drawing!

Kathy's Klothesline said...

So sad, I thought maybe her running after you was a good omen!

Hillbilly Mom said...

Kathy,
Sadly, that ticket was a big nothingburger. But I appreciate the effort!