Monday, March 21, 2022

They're Like Blind Men Describing An Elephant

Wait a minute! I think I just called myself an elephant!

I had yet a different cashier at Country Mart on Friday. Not the old lady who put my age as 65, nor the young lass who put my age as 21, nor the fastidious man who put my age as 33. This was a middle-aged gal who was quite congenial. As she handed me the bag with The Pony's wine, she said, "This is the most important one!"

When I got back to T-Hoe, I checked the receipt.

 
THIS cashier put my age as 55. I won't complain. I guess she would be what is referred to as a realist.

6 comments:

Sioux Roslawski said...

I would be happy with 55. Very happy.

Hillbilly Mom said...

Sioux,
I was happy enough. As happy goes for me!

River said...

from 21 to 33 to 55 in just a few short weeks. Are you some kind of alien?

Hillbilly Mom said...

River,
Dang! I am aging at an incredible rate! I'm a reverse Benjamin Button!

Kathy's Klothesline said...

That would please me just fine! 55 is young. I had energy when I was 55, of course that was 14 years ago!!

Hillbilly Mom said...

Kathy,
I wish I had the energy you have NOW!