Sunday, March 27, 2022

It's Almost As If Someone Is Trying To Send A Message

Yet AGAIN, I awakened in the early morning hours to see that on the TV screen was a symbol I hold dear: The LADYBUG!
 
Friday night, I had been watching Man v. Food when I fell asleep shortly after 1:00 a.m. But when I woke up, the show had changed to The Big Bake. I think it was an old episode, since I was watching on the Cooking Channel, which shows reruns of most cooking shows that start on the Food Network.
 
Anyhoo... I grabbed my phone and tried to get a picture of the giant cake, which was a girl in a raincoat with a LADYBUG umbrella, and small ladybugs on the ground, which were cupcakes for the judges to eat.


That's the best picture I could get of the whole giant cake.

 
It was the umbrella that first caught my eye.

 
Then I saw those cute, cute ladybug cupcakes.

 
The judges got a taste, but I don't remember the flavors. They loved it, though. 
 
Don't mind our old VCR, and the bases of the boys' bowling trophies on top of the TV stand!

 
There's the actual cake that they had to slice to also serve the judges. I don't remember what they said about it. About all I remember is that the ladybug team didn't win.

Surely the TV programming has run out of ladybug cakes to show me...

6 comments:

Sioux Roslawski said...

Or surely not. Is there a movie titled, "The Attack of the Ladybugs," where the ladybugs take over the world spreading joy and kindness?

You never know... Your mom may have more messages to send you.

Hillbilly Mom said...

Sioux,
I don't want an attack! Not even a joy and kindness attack! It reminds me of those thousands of ladybugs in my mom's drop ceiling, which didn't concern her, as long as she had her trusty DustBuster when they didn't go back in the ceiling at night!

I had a dream with Mom in it last night. She was warning me about somebody walking up the driveway. We were in my $17,000 house.

Kathy's Klothesline said...

You Mom is restless!! Was Spring her favorite season?

Hillbilly Mom said...

Kathy,
i never thought about it, but I'm pretty sure Spring WAS her favorite season. She always went to buy flowers at the local greenhouse, to put in pots on her front porch.

She didn't like the heat of Summer, being red-haired and freckled, and avoiding the sun. She fretted over Winter because of the snow making her driveway treacherous. Fall was always busy with back-to-school chores for her 4th grade classroom.

River said...

Can you google for images of Great Bake Off cakes or whatever that show was called? You might get a better image.

Hillbilly Mom said...

River,
I tried that, in an effort to find the season and episode number. All I could get was more recent episodes, and an article about Team Flour Power in which they could not reveal their cake theme, because their episode hadn't aired at press time. The general search and an image search didn't give me pictures of this cake. I got other ladybug cakes, but not this one.