Sunday, March 20, 2022

Quite A Late-Night Coincidence

I was sitting up watching TV Friday night. Nothing was on! All these DISH channels, and nothing to watch. I settled on what may or may not have been a current episode of Spring Baking Championship. Sometimes the contestants are quite creative. Sometimes they have disasters. A challenge called for them to make whoopie pies. The catch was that they had to also make them relate to a spring critter like a caterpillar, bee, butterfly, or THIS!

 
Yeah. Just a coincidence that I randomly chose a show that would have a LADYBUG. 
I took that picture off the TV screen, so it's not the best view.

8 comments:

Sioux Roslawski said...

The stuff they make on those baking shows is incredible. So impressive, in such a short period of time.

Perhaps you were destined to see that ladybug?

Hillbilly Mom said...

Sioux,
I also enjoy the disasters. Not sure which show it is, but they have teams of three bakers, and have to include a moving part on their giant cake. Some are impressive, others quite sad.

I was meant to be sitting on the short couch at that time, stopping on that channel.

River said...

Today's Cake Wrecks: Sunday/Spring Sweets has a really cute ladybird cake too.
I watched a few bake-off shows a few years ago and watched a girl very awkwardly trying to flip a cake, between two cooling racks. She had a few other disasters too. I haven't watched any for a long while though.

Hillbilly Mom said...

River,
Oh, no! I hope the ladybug wasn't a WRECK! The disasters I like are when the whole structure they've built out of cake or rice krispy treats, and covered with sheets of marzipan, start to collapse or tilt. Sad for them, but humorous for me!

River said...

no the ladybug was not a wreck, probably one of the prettiest ladybug cakes I have ever seen.

Hillbilly Mom said...

River,
Good to know!

Kathy's Klothesline said...

It was destiny.

Hillbilly Mom said...

Kathy,
I think so!