Thursday, March 10, 2022

Maybe It's Just Me

Or maybe it's just HIPPIE, my not-so-trusty laptop. It's no secret that my laptop is my lesser computer. I'm loyal to New Delly, the desktop down in my dark basement lair, that runs off the tower built especially for me by Genius. I'm not a bit guilty about declaring a favorite.

Anyhoo... is it just me, or has BLOGGER lost its ever-lovin' mind? You can answer that. It's not a rhetorical question. Here's the problem.

THE CURSOR JUMPS BACK WHILE I'M IN THE MIDDLE OF TYPING!

It's SO annoying. I'll be typing away, then all at once I'm in the paragraph above, in the middle of an already-done sentence, sometimes even in the middle of a word, typing my new thoughts! I cry shenanigans! How can you type a proper blog post like that? 
 
I guess maybe it happens when the cloud spinny thingy is updating and saving what I just wrote. It also happens when I'm typing in the comment section. 

IS it just me? In which case I'm going to need a name for this new conspiracy to get Mrs. HM. Or does it happen to everyone?

5 comments:

River said...

I get that when I'm typing on a Word document, it's very annoying because I don't touch type, I watch the keyboard instead of the screen, so I might not see that 'switchback' soon enough. It doesn't happen when I'm typing comments or emails though.

Sioux Roslawski said...

No, it's not just you. Also, my words are sometimes finished for me, but they sometimes result in words I did not intend to type.

So, we're twins (or at least kindred spirits) when it comes to falling apart? Sad...

Hillbilly Mom said...

River,
I can't remember if it happens in Word. It's been a while since I was at New Delly to type Genius a letter. I don't send many emails, but I don't think it's happened to me there.

***
Sioux,
Glad to know I haven't been singled out, sorry that I don't have a new conspiracy to tout! The only place my words are finished (and REPLACED) are in texts, by that demon AUTOCORRECT! Which just jumped back to the first sentence, in the word AT, in front of New Delly. Almost as if reading my mind and fingers...

At least we're not VIRUS twins!

Kathy's Klothesline said...

I have had it happen occasionally. Very frustrating and I will stop mid blog and go do something else, lest I take a hatchet to my laptop.

Hillbilly Mom said...

Kathy,
It happened about 10 times while I was typing up tomorrow's post. Good thing I'm more concerned about breaking in a new laptop, or I'd be looking for a hatchet.