Tuesday, March 22, 2022

More Cute Mailroom Creatures

The Truth in Blogging Law requires me to inform you that the cute mailroom creatures I will discuss today were not actually IN the mailroom. So that's out of the way now. Don't try to sue me.

The Pony sent me a text and pictures Saturday morning.

"Co-worker asked if we want a puppy."

"Have to ask Dad first. What kind? Some shepherd, maybe? Looks like it will be big."

"Not sure. I think she said they'd be medium or big dogs when grown."

"Still have to ask dad."
 
Here they are:
 
 
That's gonna be a big dog for sure. Here's a picture of all 8 of them:

 
I wouldn't mind to have a puppy. A female would probably be best suited to the companionship of both Juno and Jack. Of course there was still Farmer H to consult. The Pony put it off most of the evening, until just before he went to bed. You know the answer, right?

"I don't want no dog!"

I didn't want a dog, either, back when Farmer H made a deal to take PUPPY JACK without consulting me. That turned out pretty good...

4 comments:

River said...

They look like shepherds to me, although the colours suggest maybe a shepherd/something else mix. Shame Farmer H doesn't want one, but that doesn't mean YOU can't have one. Although you are probably wise to say no.

Sioux Roslawski said...

Yeah, those are shepherd mixes. Big'uns.

Kathy's Klothesline said...

I like the little black one! They are so cute when they are little and exhale puppy breath. Did you know that black dogs are usually the last to be picked at shelters? I read that somewhere. Then it occurred to me that I have three black dogs and we picked each and every one! Cujo picked me and he isn't black.

Hillbilly Mom said...

River,
I'm pretty sure they're mixed. That gal who offered them should know what they are, since she knew they'd be big. I've wanted another dog since we lost poor dumb Ann, the black german shepherd. Farmer H thinks that Crazy Stick-Road Man murdered her in the woods. We never found a body. Ann disappeared the day after the metal roof was put on the garage. Not sure if that's a coincidence.

***
Sioux,
Their feet are good foreshadowers!

***
Kathy,
The black pup looks very shepherd-y. I wonder how the gray one would turn out. My Sweet, Sweet Juno is black (and very silky right now). She was the only one dumped in front of my mom's house. I wonder if her litter mates were a more adoptable color...

We picked our old dog Grizzly at the shelter. Not for color, but because he was the runt, and hung back from the melee at the fence. He was the shape of a large beagle, but the color of a chocolate lab.