Friday, March 11, 2022

The Pony's Mystifying Package

Never a dull day at work for The Pony. He had a new picture to show me on Wednesday. Another package picture. Nobody knows what it means.

 
What say you? The Pony said there were no clues on the package. That's the edge of his hand, blocking the address, and I trimmed it so as not to manicure-shame him for his half-grown-out Golden Eye nail polish on his pinky finger.

Too bad the package wasn't damaged, so whatever was inside could be seen leaking out. Or maybe it's a GOOD thing the package wasn't damaged. Maybe somebody at the Meat Church was praying for it. But I'm pretty sure it's not THAT kind of church.

4 comments:

River said...

Holy sausage! what is in that package? We'll never know, will we?

Kathy's Klothesline said...

Inquiring minds want to know the contents! On one of our excursions out and about before needing to mortgage our home to fill the gas tank we saw a church in a strip mall on the highway. Village Church. that is what the sign said. I saw no nearby "village" and wondered if maybe it was the church for The Village People.

Plain Jane said...

I'm not sure about your package, but there is Meat Church barbecue seasonings and rubs. If it was them, a leakage may have smelled pretty good.

Hillbilly Mom said...

River,
I am curious, but considering some of the other questionable packages The Pony has delivered, I'm not sure I really want to know.

***
Kathy,
I've never heard of the Village Church. But in college, I found out that if the Village People were in Springfield and felt a need to go to church, they would have attended the Metropolitan Community Church.

***
Plain Jane,
OOH! That could solve the riddle! If only it had leaked, The Pony could have deduced the contents. From the stories he tells, any package that gets delivered intact has beat the odds! He says there's a reason they call it "throwing packages" in the morning when they're casing the mail before going out on the routes.