Tuesday, March 29, 2022

A Picture You Don't Want To See

The Pony continues to take pictures along his route. I am deliberately not showing you the one we will be discussing today. In fact, I didn't even ask The Pony to send it to me. In fact, The Pony prefaced the reveal with the disclaimer, "I don't think you want to look at this pictures, but remember when I talked about..."
 
Now is your chance to look away. To click the BACK arrow. To put your cursor over the X, and close this tab before it's too late! I am about to move forward with the tale.
 
Here goes...
 
"Remember a couple weeks ago, when I was telling Dad about a yard I see when I do the Backroads route? The yard that apparently has a septic tank problem. It has a pipe coming up out of the ground, and other stuff comes out too. I told Dad that there's even TOILET PAPER scattered across the ground sometimes. Well... here's what I saw a couple days ago when I did that route again."
 
"WAIT! I don't want to see it! Just tell me, I guess."
 
"It was CORN!"
 
"Oh, yuck! I'm glad I didn't look!"
 
"Yeah. It was pretty bad."
 
"Yet you took a picture of it!!! I guess it's like they say about beer: you don't really BUY IT, you just RENT IT. And like Mr. S used to say at the lunch table every time we had corn: 'You don't really EAT CORN, you just RECYCLE IT.'"
 
"Yeah. I guess so."
 
There. Aren't you sorry you read to the end? 
 
But aren't you happy I didn't show the picture?

8 comments:

River said...

Not at all sorry I read to the end, and the picture wouldn't have fazed me, not after what I saw spewing out of my bathroom drain and spreading across the floor recently. No corn involved though. No corn involved. But this is why corn is so good for you, it's about 90% indigestible fibre.

Hillbilly Mom said...

River,
Glad you are not triggered! But also glad I didn't look at the picture myself.

Sioux Roslawski said...

Nothing fazes me either. I could have handled the pic. You were a science teacher. Didn't you see some gross, disgusting things during your teaching career?

Hillbilly Mom said...

Sioux,
I saw a dislocated kneecap! But that was at Field Day. A lanky 8th grade gal stepped wrong during an egg and spoon race, and went down. Her kneecap was ON THE SIDE OF HER LEG! It was more fascinating than stomach-churning. The ambulance came, and the EMT popped it back in place. They said she'd be fine, but for school insurance purposes carted her off to the ER to be checked out.

Kathy's Klothesline said...

I can look at anything, just don't want to add my sense of smell, that might trigger me, but I doubt it. Remember I used to work in an Emergency Room. I could tell someone what I wanted on my pizza while over an open chest.

Hillbilly Mom said...

Kathy,
I didn't ask The Pony if he could smell the corn!

Kathy's Klothesline said...

Did he have to walk through that yard to take the mail? I hope he doesn't bring you some corn on the bottom of his shoes!

Hillbilly Mom said...

Kathy,
EEEK! I am not going to look at the bottom of The Pony's shoes! However, I think they are now clean. He got soaked on Wednesday. He said every step he took, water squeezed out of three holes in the side of his shoes. He laid them over the heating vent to dry out all day Thursday, his day off.