Tuesday, March 15, 2022

The Nuts Are Connected To The A$$hole

I went in Orb K on Monday for scratchers. Two registers were open, each with a customer. The customer on the left left. So I stepped up to that register. It's next to the scratcher display. The clerk was tearing off my tickets when I felt a breath on my right cheek.

"Here's my nuts."

WHAT IN THE NOT-HEAVEN???

An arm appeared in my peripheral vision, the reached past my shoulder to deposit a package of peanuts on the counter, next to two small dessert-like containers setting to the side, which I had not noticed previously.

Maybe I'm crazy, but I am of the opinion that a customer being served at the moment takes precedence over a "forgetter." Has the right-of-way, so to speak. The clerk would not have asked if she could help me if she was waiting on a Forgetter to run get something in the middle of a transaction. The register was clear. My tickets were rung up.

This wasn't even the customer who just left! So there had been at least one other transaction since the Forgetter, and before mine.

It didn't help that the Forgetter was a short man, wearing a dress shirt, who reminded me of a former boss.

A$$HOLE!

7 comments:

Sioux Roslawski said...

Perhaps he would have gotten the much-needed message if you had partially turned around and said, "And I'm going to knee you in your nuts if you don't back up and allow me to be waited on."

I agree on your opinion of him.

River said...

How very rude of him. Did you put on your teacher hat and give him that "don't interrupt' look?

Hillbilly Mom said...

Sioux,
I was flabbergasted by his pushiness, and I didn't think of it.

***
River,
It's difficult to reason with a man suffering from Little Man Syndrome!

Kathy's Klothesline said...

Little Man Syndrome is very real. I find it hard not to provoke them. My sister would have turned and looked down upon him and said, I believe the words you might be looking for are "excuse me".

Hillbilly Mom said...

Kathy,
I agree. They need to be take down a notch, heh, heh! Or I could have turned, looked over him, and said, "Oh, I didn't see you there."

Kathy's Klothesline said...

I like your retort! Depending on the age of the man, my sister and I might have just looked at each other and said, "Are you my brother?" referring to the child my mother had when she was 14. He was sold to the highest bidder with no paper trail.

Hillbilly Mom said...

Kathy,
No paper trail means he won't be coming to find you after all these years, like on that "Who Do You Think You Are?" show.