Tuesday, March 1, 2022

Try Getting This Kind Of Service At Pony House

Mark your calendars, people! The Pony came home 20 minutes late from work, because he was HELPING someone! So perhaps The Pony has developed a latent urge to care about other people, and actually help them. Proving that FAFSA inventory WRONG!

Anyhoo... The Pony went in to work at 9:30 on Monday. He texted that he had clocked out and was starting home at 7:50 p.m. But texted again at 8:10, to say he had been caught up giving someone advice on things they hadn't been taught. So I took his chicken tenders and fries out of the oven, to reinsert closer to time for him to get home. Then set them beside the slice of chocolate chip cookie-cake decorated with buttercream icing in a Mardi Gras theme, which I had gotten for The Pony at Country Mart.

When The Pony came in, Farmer H said, "Tough day?" And The Pony held up his shoe, which was coated with mud. As was the bottom of his uniform pants leg. 

I said I would wash his pants overnight, while he was in the bath Farmer H ran for him. And scrape off the mud, and wipe down his shoes with a wet paper towel.

Oh, and I may not have time now until tomorrow to write out the electric bill that came today for Pony House.

8 comments:

River said...

Some kids come later than others to the concept of helping out. With this incident, The Pony is officially an adult. where are the photos of the Mardi Gras chocolate chip cookie cake?

Hillbilly Mom said...

River,
I was planning to get a picture, but when I asked, The Pony said there was only one bite left. He DID offer to give it to me, but I declined. It was sold by the slice. When The Pony came in at 8:30 p.m., he walked to the kitchen, saw it on the cutting block, and asked if it was for him. Then he took a bite. Several, it seems. So I will have to describe it.

The giant cookie had been cut into slices like a pizza, and put into clear individual containers. It had green buttercream icing in a line along what would be the "crust" on an actual pizza. Then 4 generous green and purple dollops of buttercream on the slice itself. Plus some sprinkles. And a clear green plastic symbol of Mardi Gras stuck in the crust icing. I think it was a pointy headdress kind of thing. A slice I didn't buy had the same color clear green Mardi Gras mask as a decoration.

Sioux Roslawski said...

No plastic baby to keep an eye (or a tooth) out for?

Hillbilly Mom said...

Sioux,
No, the plastic baby is too plump to fit into a flat cookie-cake.

River said...

I can picture it. But to me, calling it cake is a bit of a stretch. It's a giant decorated cookie. I see them on the cake wrecks site and yell at my screen "It's a decorated cookie! it's not cake!" but that's just me.

Hillbilly Mom said...

River,
I call it what the store calls it. I also presume there's no site called "Decorated Cookie Wrecks."

Kathy's Klothesline said...

Who will run his bath and warm his dinner when he moves out? The boy will need a maid and butler!

Hillbilly Mom said...

Kathy,
I think he's going to be asking himself that question, once he moves into Pony House.