Monday, April 10, 2023

No Rest For (Most Of) The Feasters

We had our Easter feast yesterday. Farmer H declared the time should be after he was done working at his SUS2 (Storage Unit Store 2). He took in $325, of which $75 was clear profit. So I guess that was worth it for HIM. Although I worked tiredly through the night, preparing the vittles. For free.

In addition to ham, we had our usual sides of deviled eggs, potato salad, hash brown casserole, 7-layer salad, Stove Top Stuffing (The Pony's request), and Sister Schubert's rolls. Dessert was a choice of brownie cake with frosting, a frozen chocolate pie, and a variety of cheesecake slices. All storebought. 

Farmer H was supposed to pick up The Pony on his way home, so The Pony could have wine with his meal and not worry about driving home. The plan was for 1:30 pickup. Yet when I was carrying a platter with an 8-pound ham to the table to slice, I was startled by The Pony yanking open the kitchen door. It was 1:35. I was NOT expecting them so soon. Which threw off the timing of the meal. Although I WAS happy to see my little helper. I'm NOT talking about Farmer H! He went to snooze in his recliner while The Pony and I got the rolls in the oven, and a set the table, and put out the food.

It was quite tasty, though I regret using store-brand mayonnaise in my 7-layer salad, as I could tell a difference in taste from my usual Kraft Mayo, which I did not have except in a squeeze bottle for sandwiches.

Anyhoo... everyone ate their fill, and probably more. Farmer H was done first, and had a slice of pie, then went back to snoozing. The Pony took a little longer. Skipped dessert in order to take it home with him, since he was full. I sent many leftovers, but The Pony went off and left his potato salad container in FRIG II. Farmer H is going to drop it off at his house on the way to the Senior Center. You know. Because he can't eat my leftovers for lunch!

I suppose Farmer H is missing being a pampered pet. He hasn't been to the Senior Center since last Wednesday. He had his surgeon appointment on Thursday, and the center was closed on Friday. I hope they don't send him home with extra food!

4 comments:

River said...

If they send him home with extra food you get more leftovers for yourself. That's a good thing isn't it?

Hillbilly Mom said...

River,
Normally, that would be a good thing. But we have SO MUCH food left from Easter dinner. The ham will keep. I already have some set aside for a pot of beans. But the deviled eggs, 7 layer salad, and potato salad must be eaten by Wednesday night. The hash brown casserole will last a couple more days.

Kathy's Klothesline said...

I still have no appetite and would rejoice the fact, but I have to eat something to keep my stomach from hurting when I swallow my pills. Ham and beans does sound so good, but after one bite I would be done. I haven't lost my sense of taste, just feel so queasy.

Hillbilly Mom said...

Kathy,
Hopefully you're on the mend, and your appetite will soon return. It will be a week or so until I make my ham and beans and corn muffins. I think it will be a pan of green beans and ham first.