Monday, April 3, 2023

When Did People Get So Stupid?

I'm starting to think that we won't have to worry any more about overpopulation. At least in Hillmomba. Some people are too stupid to live. They have no sense of self-preservation. They are walking death-magnets.

Sunday afternoon, I was backing T-Hoe out of a parking space at the Hillmomba Casey's. Actively backing. Backup lights on, tires rolling. 

A woman and her young daughter came out the door, stepped off the sidewalk, and continued across to their car at the gas pumps, while the mom glared at me! I don't know about you, but if I see a large SUV rolling backwards in my direction, I stop and wait until it has moved out of my way.

Of course I jammed on the brakes. Once they were across, I continued backing. I'll be ding-dang-donged if a middle-aged man didn't come out the door and do the exact same thing. Except he didn't bother to glare at me. Just kept walking like he had a force-field around him. I'm pretty sure he didn't. So I stopped again.

After that guy had cleared T-Hoe's rear bumper, I again began backing. Welp! Here came a 60-somthing man from the direction of the pumps, headed into the store. He gave me a glance, but did not slow his stride. 

SWEET GUMMI MARY! 

Is T-Hoe invisible? He's dirty enough, and has a piece of plastic trim hanging off, to show that anybody I run over is not likely to get a large cash settlement. So I can't assume these privileged walkers are looking for a sweet deal to fund them for the rest of their lives. With the different ages, I can't even blame it on a sense of entitlement from being raised with everyone getting a trophy for merely existing.

I hope nobody tries this with Farmer H. He DID run over an old lady with the city fire truck. And that was going forward...

2 comments:

River said...

I have to agree, what the heck is wrong with people?? Their sense of entitlement has got way out of hand. Worse in the case of the woman who is teaching her child to NOT watch out for traffic.
Look before you leap (step) people, it's not that hard!

Hillbilly Mom said...

River,
I KNOW! If that woman doesn't care about getting flattened, that's on her. But the kid was too young to make that decision for herself. She needs to be taught some common sense. Like how a large SUV is heavier than a young girl...