Monday, April 17, 2023

This One Has Me Stumped

The power line that was knocked down at Country Mart several days ago still has not been repaired properly. I THINK it's a power line. It could be a phone line for all I know. They both run on big tall poles.


See the jagged top of that broken-off pole? I don't know why it's still there. I haven't looked closely, because when I'm entering or leaving the road, I pay attention to my driving, so as not to KNOCK DOWN A POLE, heh, heh!

Maybe there's still a wire running down that stump, to connect to that metal thingy on the ground. Maybe somebody will get that fixed during the upcoming work week. For now, the wires running across from the other poles are very low. A delivery truck could catch on them if it's very tall. That won't be good for anyone!

I'm not sure what that building is in the background. It's not the rat poison factory. That is to the right, out of frame.

Hope they get this work done in the morning hours, so as not to disrupt my daily scratcher purchase out of the machines!

4 comments:

Kathy's Klothesline said...

Drive careful around that broken pole! I don't know electric form phone wire, so I just avid both. You would think they would have signs up if it is a live eletrical wire, though.

River said...

You've lived there umpteen years and don't know what that building is yet? You're as bad as me. I know very little about the city I call home.

Hillbilly Mom said...

Kathy,
I am confident that I am a good enough driver to avoid a jagged, broken-off pole. Though when I told The Pony I had no idea how somebody could have hit the original pole and broken it off... The Pony replied, "Well, let's remember that you backed into a giant light pole over at Office Max."

At least T-Hoe is not tall enough to hit the drooping wires. I imagine the other wire is just waiting to be removed along with the pole remnants.

Hillbilly Mom said...

River,
Guilty as implied! It's in the space I assume to be the back of a local bar, but it doesn't look like the bar. I was just there again today, and didn't even look closer at it! I'll try to figure it out, or ask Farmer H.