Saturday, April 29, 2023

Until It Wasn't

Thursday was definitely one of those days... until it wasn't. When I got home, Farmer H had brought me "lunch" from the Senior Center. Of course he left it sitting on the cutting block. Good thing he only got home a few minutes before me. 

"I brung you some lunch."

"I don't want it now. I barely had my banana and cereal. Put it in the fridge. What is it?"

"Some kind of noodle with chicken. Corn. A breadstick. Salad. And apple pie." Farmer H opened the containers to show me.

"Oh. Well. You can have it for supper if you want. If you liked it. The only thing I would eat would be the noodles. I'm not a fan of corn or pie, and I don't like those kind of breadsticks. That salad I might have later, to use for lettuce on a chicken patty sandwich. It's hardly enough to call a salad. The Chinese sweet & sour sauce comes in a container twice that size!"

"Yeah. I can have it. If you don't want it. They really loaded me up. They didn't offer me any extra yesterday, when we had a slab of pork!"

So... it's the thought that counts. And I didn't have to make supper for Farmer H. Just my own, later, when it was convenient for me.

AND when I scratched my lottery tickets, I had a total of $92 in winnings! Not bad for a rained-on fat lady who was locked out of her credit union...

6 comments:

River said...

So it turned out to be a pretty great day! What's wrong with pie? Taste? Texture?

Hillbilly Mom said...

River,
The day was Even-Stevened! What's wrong with the pie is CRUST. I don't like the taste or the texture of CRUST. There's a reason that some unpleasant things are descibed as "crusty," heh, heh!

River said...

So just eat the filling!

Hillbilly Mom said...

River,
That seems wasteful. So I let Farmer H get full enjoyment from it. But if it's something I'm served at an event, that's what I do.

Kathy's Klothesline said...

I love pie! A little too much. I store it all in my hips!

Hillbilly Mom said...

Kathy,
At least you have built-in containers! If I was more energetic, I would mail you all the pie I refuse. You could be the new "starving children in China" for leftover pie.