Thursday, May 4, 2023

Farmer H's Buns

It is a full-time job trying to keep Farmer H alive! I don't know how he's made it this far. It's like on The Incredible Dr. Pol, when the vets say that horses will always find a way to hurt themselves. Farmer H will find a way to challenge his health.

Tuesday night, he got home from the auction around 9:00. He had skipped supper. Not because of his medication that non-diabetics clamor for, to decrease their appetite and lose weight. Nope. Because he had been feeling a little bit... indisposed. He elaborated as we chatted before I left for town.

"I don't know what's going on. This morning before I left home, I filled the toilet. At my doctor's appointment, I filled the toilet again. Then I went by and got my donut and headed to my storage unit, and had to go some more. I had lunch at the Senior Center and went by my locker to get some stuff, and went AGAIN. So I'm not sure if I want to eat before I go to the auction."

"I'd say maybe you should wait..."

Anyhoo... when Farmer H got home, he set about warming himself some supper. It was the hot dogs he grilled on Sunday. Since the time was late, he was only having one.

Farmer H stepped over to the kitchen sink, and reached across the counter to where I have a plate sitting with an old biscuit, a few potato chips, and a slice of bread dabbed in bacon grease. Also there's half a bag of bread, and four hot dog buns.

"Is this the buns?" He asked, while opening up the bag.

"NO! That is for dog treats! Put that down!"

"Huh. I thought them was the buns."

"The buns are where we always keep them. In the corner cabinet over by the refrigerator."

"Well, I thought that's where they were. But then I saw these."

You may recall, if you're a long-time reader, that I've caught Farmer H eating dog bread before. When I used to take it out of the cabinet, and set it on the counter in that area. I suppose Farmer H thinks that EVERYBODY is as lazy as he, and would leave bread 18 inches below the area where it is normally stored, rather than putting it back. So for that reason, I moved the future dog treats all the way across the kitchen, to the counter beside the kitchen door.

Farmer H's behavior such as this MIGHT be a reason he was feeling a bit... indisposed.

3 comments:

River said...

I don't eat days old "dog breads" and don't take any diabetes medications, but even I have had days where I have had to visit the bathroom several times. Maybe I should start keeping a food diary, so I know what foods are causing it.

Kathy's Klothesline said...

Oh, let him have the old bread! Sometimes I look at HeWho and ask who he is and what he has done with my husband!

Hillbilly Mom said...

River,
I hope you can narrow down the culprit of your occasional bouts of "indisposedness." At least you have ruled out "dog breads!"

***
Kathy,
Heh, heh. I should be so kind as to not nag Farmer H over his penchant for eating dog breads!