Monday, May 29, 2023

Hearing Me Now!

It's HEEEEERE! Farmer H got his new phone on Saturday afternoon. He said the phone store wasn't very busy. Only a man and woman as the other customers. I guess they have no life, either, being there on the Saturday of Memorial Day weekend!

Anyhoo... Farmer H went in. He saw The Gen Z Kid who had waited on him the other four days he'd been in there trying to buy a phone. GZK saw Farmer H, but didn't acknowledge him. Another employee, a Tail-End Millennial the age of Genius, waited on Farmer H.

"That kid who ordered my phone didn't do NOTHIN'! He sat on a counter and played with his phone. He saw me, and he knew I was there to pick up my phone, but wouldn't wait on me. Another one, about Genius's age, got my phone, and transferred my information. It took about an hour. He seemed to know what he was doing."

"Of course that other one didn't want to deal with you! He already had his commission! Why would he want to spend an hour actually assisting you with your purchase, when he could pawn that off on another worker?"

"Yeah. I'm sure that was it."

Anyhoo... Farmer H has a phone like mine, only a little newer. Same model, but I think his is 5G, and mine is 4G. Besides being cracked all to Not-Heaven. I helped him get his Casey's Rewards app, which is the only item that didn't transfer. 

I think Farmer H will need to ask The Pony to help him get the time and date in big numbers on his main screen. I don't know how. Or maybe he can ask HOSS (Farmer H's Oldest Son's Son), who is in middle school, and will be helping Farmer H move some merchandise out of his old Storage Unit Store on Monday.

5 comments:

Rae said...

I know there is already an investment when buying a new phone, but can you imagine the look on the other kids face if Hick would have slipped his helper a $20 for transferring his information? I know he got the commission, but it would have been worth it to think he could have gotten commission and an extra $20. Still, glad all is well and he finally got his phone info transferred to his new one. Ranee (MN)

Hillbilly Mom said...

Rae,
Heh, heh! Farmer H has actually done that before, when a YOUNG GIRL helped him with a problem he was having with his old phone. She tried to decline it, but then took it when he insisted. I imagine he was so frustrated with all the trouble he had trying to buy the phone, and the delivery time, that it didn't occur to him to offer anything extra. Oh, and it wasn't a YOUNG GIRL!

River said...

I am glad he finally has his new phone and shame on that youngster who sat twiddling his thumbs instead of jumping up to complete the long-drawn-out transaction.
I also have a newish phone, "no-one" upgraded her iPhone and gave me the old one which is a 5G.

Kathy's Klothesline said...

Ha! Men are more likely to tip the females than the males! He could write a letter to the manager .... what am I thinking? YOU would have to compose the letter of complaint! HeWho has attempted an email of complaint, asked me to look at it to see if it conveys the message he intends and I have totally rewritten it, lest they think he might be the village idiot!

Hillbilly Mom said...

River,
I don't think that age group can feel shame! When a previous phone fell out of my shirt pocket and into the toilet (!), Genius talked me into getting an iPhone. Never again. I am not an iPhone kind of person. It seemed so awkward to me, after my life of androids.

***
Kathy,
You're darn tootin'! As for Farmer H ever writing a letter... his texts point out daily what a mistake that would be.