Friday, May 26, 2023

Maybe He Can Hear Me Now

Farmer H is supposed to get his NEW PHONE today. After all he's been through trying to buy it, I hope he is finally rewarded with a bill and the actual phone. This will be his 4th trip to the phone store this week! Monday the line was too long with the workers not working. Tuesday he was told he wasn't on the account, so he couldn't buy a phone. Wednesday they would allow him to buy it, but suddenly didn't have it in stock like they had told him on Tuesday.

"He said they DID have one in the store. It was on the floor. A floor model. I didn't want that. So they ordered it to be delivered to the store. They're getting it with the screen protector already installed. So hopefully it will be better than when they do it in the store."

That's the thing. Farmer H MUST have a screen protector, and a wrap-around shock-absorber thingy, and a holster. Not just because he wants them, but because he is rough on phones. And each new one is always a different size, so he needs a new holster. It all adds up to another 1/4 the cost of the phone!

Anyhoo... let's hope that they get his information transferred over to the new phone without issue. 

"The guy told me I could do that myself at home! Nope. I'm paying them for the phone. That's their job! Why else would I order it there in the store for them to get a commission? I could just order it online. It's their JOB to transfer my information if I go in their store and buy a phone!"

Are you as apprehensive as I am about this process going smoothly?

4 comments:

River said...

Oh I'm not at all apprehensive. I won't be close enough to hear the fuss and swearing when (if) things go wrong :)

Hillbilly Mom said...

River,
You definitely know that's WHEN! Don't be so sure you won't hear it! You ARE still on the same planet.

Kathy's Klothesline said...

These things rarely go smoothly.

Hillbilly Mom said...

Kathy,
You ain't a-woofin'!