Tuesday, May 16, 2023

Once Again, I'm Pretty Sure

Yes, I am not waffling. I'm pretty sure Farmer H is trying to kill me. Not only has he virtually disabled me with this latest shoulder malady, acquired when he reached for the six bags on my arm rather than let me set them down on the side porch... but he has also lamed me!

Of course Farmer H denies any wrongdoing. But we know he was probably behind it. Kind of hard to pin this one on him without direct evidence. It's only circumstantial. That's good enough for me. Remember, I'm the judge, jury, and future executioner!

This happened around the same time as the shoulder. Maybe one day earlier. I feel like there is something in my right heel, around the 5 o'clock position. It hurts like the dickens when I step on it. No matter if I'm barefoot, wearing a CROC, or in my town shoes.

I laid on the bed and had Farmer H take a look. Of course the brightest light ever bought in a Lowe's was reflecting off two mirrors and about to set my lovely lady-mullet ablaze. But in case those lumens were not enough down at my feet, I had Farmer H use his phone flashlight. And take a picture for me.

According to Farmer H: "There ain't nothing in your foot. Not that I can see."

He showed me the picture. It looked like a tiny cut. Perhaps a quarter-inch long. Yet when he ran his hand across it, there was a stabbing pain when he hit something rough. That's not normal!

Two days later, I had Farmer H take another look. Still nothing. His picture didn't even show the little cut this time. But STILL my heel has that stabbing pain when I step on it. I think something is in there. It doesn't look infected. Not red. Not even the hole any more. Farmer H assumes I am crazy.

However... on Monday morning, I felt something in my sock sole. Granted, I have not worn these socks continuously since my injury. They are fresh socks, out of the dryer. Well. At least they were when I put them on the previous afternoon after my shower.

Anyhoo... I fiddled around and pulled that sharp thing out of my sock sole. It was a tiny filament of wirish metal. Tiny! Maybe an eighth-inch. Thinner than a staple. Maybe the thickness of a thread. I don't know where it came from. I don't know where I picked it up with this sock. BUT, I figure another thingy just like it went into my foot. Or scraped a cut into my foot.

I know I've mentioned it here before. At times, I've stepped on something (not a dropped pill!) on the bathroom floor. Something sharp. And accused Farmer H of trekking in metal shavings from some project. I still think he's the reason for my heel injury.

Pretty sure...

5 comments:

Kathy's Klothesline said...

I can relate! I will KNOW there is something and he will assure me it is fine. I use Prid, a drawing salve a lot. It will usualy work over night and I will find it completely out or sticking out enough to see and grab it with tweezers. Mine are usually something outside, like a thorn, or sliver of wood.

River said...

Metal shavings are a possibility, I'd suggest not being barefoot in the bathroom without first mopping the floor, which adds to your workload of course. You could wear your crocs and just step out of them as you enter the shower.

Hillbilly Mom said...

Kathy,
Farmer H goes to Walgreens a couple times a week. I think he alone could keep them in business with his prescriptions. I asked him to get some Epsom salts, but he had not. Shocker. Next, I will have him put some triple antibiotic ointment and a bandaid across it. That will also soften it up and draw out what's in there. It really hurt this morning, but right now feels a little better. Maybe I sweated it out today!

***
River,
I don't think it's on the tile floor. I think it gets caught in one of the three rugs in there. Or in the carpet in the living room. Not sure vacuuming or beating the rugs would get it out. It's such a fine filament thingy I found in my sock. Like only a sock OR A FOOT can pick it up! I had to wrestle to pry it loose from the sock threads.

I wear my CROCS almost constantly, except when going into the bathroom for my shower, and coming out to get my town shoes.

Kathy's Klothesline said...

Oh, no, was it a toenail Hick cut and let fall to the floor?

Hillbilly Mom said...

Kathy,
No. He goes to a little Asian woman in town for a pedicure since his back surgery! It wasn't a fingernail, because last time I found them, they were in a candle on the mantel of the fake fireplace. This was a piece of metal. It has since worked its way out, I suppose. The day after my Mother's Day dinner, my heel didn't have the sharp pain. Just a general pain like a healing wound.