Saturday, May 27, 2023

Nope. He Can't. Hear Me Now, That Is.

Poor Farmer H. His quest for a phone is more ill-fated than the 3-hour tour of Gilligan and Skipper's passengers! This is Saturday. It will be Farmer H's 5th trip to the phone store over in Bill-Paying Town. When he ordered the phone on Wednesday, they said it would be in on Friday. Here is where the story diverges...

Friday morning, I got an email at 6:47 a.m.

GET READY-YOUR ORDER'S ON THE WAY!

Sounded good to me. I assumed Farmer H would also get such a message. I knew he was at his SUS2 (Storage Unit Store 2) until noon. Then he would probably go get his phone before heading to his rendezvous with his cronies for their Friday afternoon bull-shooting session.

When I got a text at 8:01 a.m. saying "Your T-Mobile order has shipped!" I figured it was on its way to the store. Since the email link for tracking had said it was being readied for delivery at 6:47 a.m.

I hadn't heard anything else by the time I was getting ready for town at 1:30, so I checked the tracking again. VOILA! The phone had been delivered at 1:05. An inside delivery, with the name of the person who signed for it. I was sure Farmer H would be checking, and was probably over there getting his new phone set up. I didn't try to call or text him, because that would be awkward while his info was being moved from the old phone to the new.

Well. Farmer H got home around 5:00. I asked if he had his new phone.

"No. It wasn't there. I was there at 1:00. The guy told me it could get there any time. So I sat on the parking lot for a while, but no UPS truck showed up. So I left. But now here it is, 5:02, and I get a text that my phone has been delivered."

"WHAT? It was delivered at 1:05. I checked the tracking."

"Well, maybe I was there at ten till one. But I didn't see any delivery."

"You must not have waited long. I can't believe they didn't call you to let you know it was there. They need to do SOMETHING to earn that commission!"

"Well. I didn't hear nothin' till this text just now. I guess I'll go tomorrow when I'm done selling."

"They'll be busy on a Saturday. Be prepared to wait a while. Make sure they get it set up. That's their job!"

"I'm supposed to meet one of my buddies at the lockers at 4:30."

"You better tell him to leave if you're not there within 15 minutes. Because if they're moving your contacts, you won't have a way to call him."

"Yeah. I'll tell him."

We'll see if the 5th day is the charm... 

4 comments:

River said...

If only he had waited ten or fifteen more minutes...sigh
I do hope by now he has the phone since it is Sunday afternoon here now.

Hillbilly Mom said...

River,
I KNOW! That's why I didn't believe him when he said he was there at 1:00, and waited. So he changed the time he said he arrived. I can't believe he wasn't checking the tracking number.

Farmer H DID get his phone on Saturday afternoon. I'll have to ask him the details.

Kathy's Klothesline said...

I am confused. Why did the text go to your number ad not his? Sometimes the doctor's offices will call my number for HeWho's business. He can't hear from my phone since I do not have the volume set to blow out my eardrums, so I will have to be the go between, telling him what they said, then telling them what he said. I suppose they look at his info before making the call and see my number as his "contact" and just use it. Not very efficient.

Hillbilly Mom said...

Kathy,
It may have been due to his old phone not working right. Sometimes it took a couple hours for my texts to show up, or his texts to me. Since all three of our names are on the account now, I assumed that Farmer H, The Pony, and I would all get the notifications. Just like he and The Pony got a text when Farmer H was trying to buy the phone, and I updated the account.