Friday, January 5, 2024

Another RumpusHole Incites The Dust

WHAT is wrong with people! I am beginning to think that everybody in the world (save The Pony, and perhaps 50 percent of Farmer H) are psychotic!

Wednesday, I stopped to pick up the mail, since it is Farmer H's bingo night, and I wanted to save him from looking for it in the dark. It was around 4:30. I pulled T-Hoe alongside mailbox row and parked. No cars were around. I got out, making sure to close the door, and walked to the front of T-Hoe to reach my arm into EmBee's round mouth. Only a single item, from our financial advisor, which was basically junk mail.

As I was glancing at it, I heard a vehicle coming from my left. It was a white work truck, bigger than a regular pickup truck, but not so big as to have dual tires. It was pulling a low black trailer, using a goose-neck hitch. The truck was going pretty slow, so I thought it might be turning into our gravel road. I stood where I was, facing EmBee, waiting for it to go by.

WELL! When that truck got right behind me, having just crossed over the low water bridge, it did NOT turn into our gravel road. That driver SLAMMED HIS FOOT ON THE GAS PEDAL, and roared up Mailbox Hill, the truck tires and the trailer tires stirring up the gravel that had leaked over onto the blacktop. The gravel didn't shoot around, but the DUST billowed up like somebody had set off a smoke bomb!

Lucky for me, the wind was out of the west, and what little eddy we had down in the hollow was keeping that dust over on the gravel road side. I don't know why that RumpusHole felt the need to pull that stunt when he got right behind me. If he wanted a run at the hill, he should have started it the minute he came down the opposite hill, before he crossed the bridge. If he wanted to scare me, he might better have honked the horn.

People piss me off.

4 comments:

River said...

I think he noticed you and decided to just show off. He probably didn't do his engine or tyres any favours.

Hillbilly Mom said...

River,
He hadn't come to a complete stop behind me, so his tires didn't squeal. I bet he used an extra half-gallon of gas with his sudden acceleration.

Kathy's Klothesline said...

Too bad you weren't back in your vehicle so that you could lay on the horn. Just an ass hat!

Hillbilly Mom said...

Kathy,
I stood by EmBee until he crested the hill. I could see him through the windshield and back glass. He could not see ME. So he didn't have the satisfaction of looking back for my reaction. As far as he knew, I was deaf, and still reading my mail.