Friday, January 19, 2024

Are My New Stove Burner Drip Pans Ready?

Heh, heh! I'm sure you already know that answer!

On Tuesday, Farmer H had plans to go by the flip house. Not for ME, mind you, nor my new stove burner drip pans that need the Dremel tool he left there. Not even for any work. Farmer H had plans to take some TOILET PAPER to the flip house! That's because he uses it as a pit stop when he's out and about. His own private toilet. He previously used The Pony's house for that function. But I suppose after me nagging him about giving The Pony privacy, since he IS buying that house from us, and has paid over 20% of the cost already... Farmer H stopped popping in to use a toilet.

Anyhoo... I was NOT happy about Farmer H taking our Mansion toilet paper to the flip house. I buy the good stuff! Let Farmer H go into a store and buy his own butt-wipes! No need to have Cadillac toilet paper in an Edsel house. 

"Why do you need OUR toilet paper? Nobody is using the bathrooms there. Let the buyer buy their own toilet paper."

"I use it! So I don't have to go to Casey's. I don't go by The Pony's any more."

"Why do you need TWO rolls???"

"There are two bathrooms!"

"You can't use them both at once!"

"When Old Buddy is with me, we might have to go at the same time."

"Let Old Buddy bring a roll of toilet paper!"

"I am not asking Old Buddy to bring his own toilet paper!"

Farmer H could not be nagged bullied persuaded into buying his own toilet paper for the flip house. In fact, he could not even follow through on his plot to take toilet paper from the Mansion to the flip house. That evening, when I got home from town, I saw the intact package of 12 Charmin Ultra Strong Mega Rolls on top of my Shasta Diet Cola box on the kitchen floor, where it was waiting for Farmer H to take the initiative to re-stock the hall closet.

"Did you bring the Dremel tool home to work on my stove burner drip pans?"

"No. I didn't go by there."

"Uh huh. Because you FORGOT TO STEAL OUR TOILET PAPER!"

"Yeah. I did forget to take toilet paper to the flip house. So I didn't go by there."

It is a bit disheartening to realize that me getting new stove burner drip pans depends on the needs of Farmer H's rumpus,

4 comments:

Kathy's Klothesline said...

At least you HAVE a stove! Why not just cover the old one in aluminum foil until you get a new one ..... or you could just order them on Walmart.com. If you do, Hick will buy them the day you get them. You will have a spare set!

Hillbilly Mom said...

Kathy,
Where were YOU when I was spending three hours scrubbing those drip pans??? I surely would rather have covered them with foil. Still, I'm afraid the smoke alarm would have started going off as the heat hit the charred remains under the foil. With the icy weather, I don't want to deal with a delivery, watching for it, then getting mad when it keeps getting delayed. Like with The Pony's golf pants and thermal underwear.

River said...

The heat shouldn't hit the charred remains under the foil to the point where they smoke. You put the foil shiny side up and double ayer it if you want though a single layer works fine too and the shiny side reflects the heat back up onto the pan. I actually thought you might try that after I mentioned the disposable pan liners.

Hillbilly Mom said...

River,
There doesn't have to be smoke, visible or otherwise, for my smoke alarm to go off. There's nothing spilt over in the oven, yet when I open the door to take out a pan, that dang smoke alarm starts cheeping for over a minute! I wouldn't be surprised if it goes off one day when I walk into the kitchen just THINKING about cooking! Which perhaps doesn't say much for my cooking...