Tuesday, January 23, 2024

Farmer H Rights A Left

Oh, the lengths Farmer H will go to, just to PROVE that he is right!

Monday morning, I was going to show him two pictures that The Pony had sent me, about ice on his route that he has to navigate. I specifically told Farmer H about the pictures. Got the first one on my phone, and handed it to him.

"Here's two pictures The Pony sent me, of ice he has to drive on. Swipe left."

Farmer H took the phone. Squinted. Then swiped right. Which took him back to the previous picture The Pony had sent me, of two candles on his new desk.

"No! Your OTHER left!"

"I DID go left."

"I sat here and watched your finger and you swiped RIGHT!"

"Yeah. To see the picture on the left."

"That's not the other ice picture! It's on the right. So you swipe left."

"I know what I did, Val. I pulled it to the right to see the picture on the left."

"EXACTLY! Even though I just said: SWIPE LEFT!"

"I don't know why you carry on so much."

"Because no matter what I say, you turn it into the opposite. If I say something is white, you'll say it's black. Up is down. Always to prove you're right, when you're NOT!"

Which was followed by another example of the same thing less than five minutes later. A tale for tomorrow.

4 comments:

Kathy's Klothesline said...

They get so indignant when they are wrong and refuse to admit it! Why can't they just say "oops" and move on. I think they like to argue. We had a seasonal camper that I swore only camped in our park to argue with me. Is it mean to say his wife was either too meek or too dumb to carry on a good debate?

Hillbilly Mom said...

Kathy,
He was literally telling me that I didn't see what I saw! Because only HE knows how my eyes send a message to my brain! Then, when I wouldn't back down and accept that tactic, he switched to the "see the picture on the left" version, which also was not physically possible. YES, how much easier it would have been just to say, "Whoops! I didn't know my right from my left!"

That camper guy had to show the superiority of men over women. He had already shoved that concept down his wife's throat, and needed a new woman to convince.

River said...

How hard can it be to follow such direct orders? It's a wonder he manages to get around not knowing left from right.

Hillbilly Mom said...

River,
You ain't a-woofin'! I tell him that all the time. I don't know how he's managed to live this long without me telling him what to do! Even though he only listens about 1/10 of the time.