Wednesday, January 24, 2024

Farmer H Leads With A Right For His Boxer Story

While in the midst of our left/right kerfuffle over The Pony's ice pictures, Scarlett walked in front of the picture window. Which reminded Farmer H of a story to change the subject. Sort of...

"A woman over on Friendly Field thinks her boxer was after Scarlett. She thinks she's in heat."

"Did you tell her she's fixed?"

"No. I should have. She just sent me a message saying, 'Hey, Mr. Farmer, have you seen my boxer? He was chasing your brown dog for the past two days. I'm just asking because it's so cold, and he's run off.' You know, Friendly Field, down behind us."

"Friendly Field is NOT down behind us. It's to the left. Down on the way to the mailboxes."

"You mean RIGHT!"

"No. I do not mean right. We are sitting here looking out the window. Friendly Field is THAT way. To the left."

"Oh. Well. If you count it like that..."

"I count it exactly like that. That's why I said it's not behind us, it's to the left. That's the direction you go to find that road."

"Yeah. But you have to turn RIGHT to get on Friendly Field."

"That's beside the point. I was telling you the direction it is from here, since you seemed to think it was behind us."

Once again, Farmer H changing the narrative to try and make himself RIGHT.

8 comments:

Kathy's Klothesline said...

Makes perfect sense to him ....

Hillbilly Mom said...

Kathy,
Hick marches to his own drummer, and he's also the drum major.

Rae said...

Who's on first? What's on second? My right, your left - no, your other left, therefore right. Yes, right! I love it. I can see why getting information or directions from Hick might be a little iffy. Ranee (MN)

Hillbilly Mom said...

Rae,
More often than not, The Pony and I were forced to ask for a diagram or map. With that, and both of us working on deciphering it, we could usually figure out what he meant.

River said...

Directional left and right can be confused, it depends on which way any particular person is standing and if you are referencing a road which way are you looking at it or from it?

Hillbilly Mom said...

River,
None of that reasoning can explain Farmer H dragging his finger right instead of left as instructed, nor why he would say a certain road is behind our Mansion, when it is not. So logic does not matter when hoping Farmer H can give directions. That's why I referenced only the two physical landmarks.

Kathy's Klothesline said...

Reminds me of the caller who asked me which side of the interstate our park was on. She got very angry when I asked which direction she was headed ....

Hillbilly Mom said...

Kathy,
Hopefully, she kept on driving past you!