Friday, June 30, 2023

Steamed Pony

The Pony is not happy that the work schedule was changed on Wednesday. Now he doesn't get a 3-day weekend over the 4th of July holiday. 

As if that wasn't enough, we are in the midst of an early heat wave. I got a text from The Pony on my way to town Thursday.

"Guess how hot it's getting inside the van between loops today. And this is one that *has* air conditioning. Mine tomorrow doesn't."

"It was 95 in the garage. I am driving to town now. It's 98 at the low water bridge."

"It's only about 100 outside. But in the van in the sun it gets to this:"


"118."

"Dang! Be careful. Hydrate. Even sips of Gatorade. I feel sick when I get out of T-Hoe."

"Yeah. Be safe, Mom."

Isn't that sweet? The Pony was sweating his rumpus off doing physical labor, yet he was worried about ME. Sometimes he really cares about people. Or at least about me.

3 comments:

River said...

Was the airconditioning not working? The inside temp shouldn't be that high if it's working.

Kathy's Klothesline said...

The Pony loves his Mom, nothing wrong with that!! Our high today was 83. In the 60's when I woke this morning. It was raining, but we could still smell the smoke hanging over the mountains. Tomorrow should get up to 86, then 85 on Sunday. I hope this continues, but I know it won't! Will the Pony wear one of those goofy hats that are supposed to keep you cool? I tried to convince HeWho to wear one when he mowed the kampground. He thought it would make him look silly, opting to wear a baseball cap form a company that cleans septic tanks. I had one guy at the kampground who says the hat works.

Hillbilly Mom said...

River,
It was working. You need to tell that to the person who buys all the post office vehicles!

***
Kathy,
No goofy hat for The Pony, though I'm sure they are for sale on the website where he gets his official uniforms. Even Farmer H will take off his cap in this heat, and wear a straw hat with a green plastic visor built in when he mows the yard/field.