Thursday, June 15, 2023

The Common Sense Is Weak In This One

I was giving a tiny bit of consideration to complimenting Farmer H on Wednesday. Just a tiny bit. I noticed that there was a new roll of paper towels on the dispenser that sits on the cutting block. 

Of course, if I myself had put out a new roll, as has happened with all the other 'levntythousand rolls of paper towels in the Mansion, I would have finished using the cheap kind that I bought thinking they were better. This was an ACTUAL BOUNTY SELECT-A-SIZE roll of paper towels, picked up by The Pony for me at the Devil's Playground.

Anyhoo... I presume that Farmer H made a big mess of something, because there had been about 10 paper towels left on the previous cheap roll. But actually taking off the cardboard tube, and putting on a new roll from the pantry, is certainly above Farmer H's unpaid grade. So props to him for making the effort, even IF he might have been hiding a catastrophic spill.

I was sitting at HIPPIE at the kitchen table as Farmer H brought his supper plate back to the kitchen. He reached for a paper towel, which reminded me that I might want to thank him. And then...

FARMER H TORE OFF A PAPER TOWEL AND BLEW HIS NOSE!

Sweet Gummi Mary! He used an entire Select-A-Size sheet! I even tear my Puffs With Lotion in half, to make them last twice as long. It's perfectly sufficient for a normal nose-blow, half a Puff. With a cold it's different, but for everyday use, half is as good as a whole.

Never mind that there was a Puffs box of tissues within arm's reach of Farmer H, on the kitchen peninsula next to the sink. And another box three steps away on the other counter, under the cabinets beside the stove. 

Nope. Farmer H had to use an entire paper towel, the GOOD KIND, for a simple nose-blow. I swear, he's going to put us in the poormansion with these extravagances!

3 comments:

Kathy's Klothesline said...

HeWho loves the select a size and I don't know why. He ALWAYS pulls at least three off to dry his hands! Use the hand towels displayed by every sink! And he uses them to blow his nose, wipe his eyes and has NEVER used just one. I get it!

River said...

He sure is testing your patience lately.
But you tear a tissue in half? How big are those tissues that a half is big enough?

Hillbilly Mom said...

Kathy,
I even tear my Select-A-Size paper towels in half if I'm using them for a napkin. It's not like I'm eating out of a trough, or in a pie-eating contest! And I use one more than once for hand-drying, and then they get used for wiping out ramekins or bowls before putting them in the dishwater.

***
River,
Yes, he must be feeling better! The tissues are normal size, as is my nose! It's not like I have a head full of snot. My nose drips after I take my morning medicine, and when I eat, and sometimes when the air conditioner kicks on. Just some clear watery snot, nothing that needs a roll of cotton batting to soak it up.