Saturday, June 24, 2023

The Pony Encounters A Couple More Critters On His Route

Every day is an adventure when The Pony is on the job. He keeps me updated on any encounters that are not routine. Like a couple Mondays ago:


I suppose The Pony needs watching-over more than I do these days...

Last Saturday, he saw a bigger critter:


I snorted when I saw how The Pony worded his text: "This house had kittens."


I think that's the same kitten. Maybe not. I like the shadow of the head in this picture.

At least The Pony was not bitten or scratched. And these were better than the snake!

4 comments:

River said...

No wonder there are so many cats in the world when even houses are having kittens!

Hillbilly Mom said...

River,
Heh, heh! It gives new meaning to "fixing" houses!

Kathy's Klothesline said...

The Pony just might bring you a sweet liitle kitten! You need a cat or two to keep the mouse population down.

Hillbilly Mom said...

Kathy,
When we had our five cats, they DID love to mutilate mice. They always left the same part on the front porch by the door. Maybe the lungs, or a pancreas. I guess those parts were not tasty. They really loved killing rabbits. Then the dogs would steal the kill from them. I think the dogs were actually the rabbit-runners, then the cats ambushed them. We had Tank the beagle back then, and Grizzly the chocolate lab/beagle, and poor dumb Ann, the black German shepherd.