Thursday, May 23, 2024

Another Law-Scoffer, Whose Handicap Must Be Mental

Once again, Mrs. HM and her legal placard have been cheated out of her rightful handicap parking space at the Gas Station Chicken Store.


When I pulled in, there was a lady in the driver's seat with her door open. I waited, thinking she was leaving. Most people look up and see my placard swinging, and have the good sense or shame to drive away. Not this one. She was apparently scratching scratchers.

Still, I waited. So I could pull forward. I'd had a busy day, and my knees were complainy, so soon after my near-fall at the garage people-door. Nope. Scratchy kept at it. Then had the nerve to GET OUT AND GO BACK INTO THE STORE with a ticket in her hand!!!

Even in my pre-placard days of parking there to quickly "run" inside to buy my scratchers, I would never have dreamed of sitting there, scratching at my leisure, while somebody with handicap plates or placard was waiting for their rightful parking spot.

People are self-centered idiots. Not worth the air I breathe atop my trusty high-horse!

2 comments:

River said...

I prefer to scratch my sctratchers at home when I buy any which is rare these days and I understand your frustration, but maybe she thought it would be quicker to scratch right away in case she had a winner. She just happened to be parked in the wrong spot.

Hillbilly Mom said...

River,
I disagree. She didn't "just happen" to park in the wrong spot. She consciously made the decision to park her sedan on top of that bright blue HANDICAP stencil in the parking space designated for those who have a mobility issue, and have taken the trouble to procure a handicap license plate or placard through their doctor.

Her decision to scratch before driving her tickets home has no bearing on the fact that she PARKED IN A HANDICAP SPACE that she was not legally entitled to park in. Thus depriving those who need it from parking there.