Thursday, May 2, 2024

Mrs. HM Has A Bout Of PTSD

The Pony's very bad week ended on Saturday with sudden downpours during working hours. He slipped on some steps and skinned up his leg. Sent me a picture when it happened.


Of course I felt bad. The Pony has taken a beating lately, what with pointy dog teeth, scrapes, and also turning his ankle on Saturday. He sent another picture later, to show the status of the scrapes, while soothing the ankle in the jetted tub of his master bathroom.


Not gonna lie. That photo made me gasp. And not in a good way. Perhaps I've mentioned in passing that I HATE FEET! There was no reason to see a foot attached to that scraped leg! My heart was racing from the TOES!

Those are the toes The Pony used to PINCH MY ARM one time while I was driving T-Hoe. The Pony was in high school at the time, but not old enough to drive. It was summer, and we were headed out to my mom's house. The Pony was wearing his slides. He always took them off in the car. You may recall that his preferred seat was the one BEHIND the driver's seat. Didn't want to ride up front with me. Wanted to sit in the back with his laptop plugged in. 

On several occasions, I had to command The Pony to remove his foot from the console. Nobody needs to see that while they're driving! Besides, on the slow-speed-limit town roads, I liked to rest my right arm on that console. Imagine my SHOCK and DISGUST one time when The Pony used those finger-like toes to PINCH MY ARM! Has the horror sunk in yet?

I'm pretty sure The Pony didn't send the toe picture on purpose to get me riled up. 
Pretty sure...

3 comments:

Kathy's Klothesline said...

You would hate to hang out with me! I like my feet as bare as possible and wear sandals all summer long!

River said...

I'm sure The Pony just forgot that you don't like to see feet.

Hillbilly Mom said...

Kathy,
I'm sure you could devise an umbrella-type accessory to circle your ankle, and prevent me viewing your feet. Perhaps out of a cut-off bleach jug, or some coffee filters.


***
River,
Probably. But he never misses a chance to remind me of the pinching incident!