Wednesday, May 22, 2024

The Universe Is Dealing Us A Bad Hand!

Farmer H sent me a text on Tuesday that he was bringing me some chicken salad from the Senior Center. Okay! Even though I am trying to cut back, and have some of the last batch of free chicken salad in the freezer of FRIG II.

When he brought it straight home around 1:00, Farmer H informed me that the county blacktop road was partially blocked by a tree limb! I had noticed the wind whipping the trees out back. Farmer H said I could "probably" make it past the tree. But that part of it had fallen on the power line, so he had notified the county highway department about it.

Farmer H went on to load up the lawnmower on his trailer, to mow yard of The Pony, the two Double Hovel flip houses, and the QuickFlip. He was subsequently turned around by the fire department blocking the county road. You can't have citizens getting electrocuted all willy-nilly, even in Hillmomba.

Anyhoo... about ten minutes after he left, our electricity went off! Thanks, Farmer H. I suffered without internet and air conditioning and toilet-flushing for about an hour. Then it came back on.

I made it to town to buy my LOSING scratchers. Then the minute I returned home, Farmer H sent a text asking if he could call me. There was an issue with the buyer of the QuickFlip! An issue that could derail the closing appointment scheduled for Wednesday afternoon!

AND, Farmer H says we are supposed to get bad weather around 8:00 p.m. Which is the time I am typing this! We'll see how it goes...

2 comments:

River said...

Oh no! An issue with the Quickflip! Hope it's nothing serious and the sale still goes ahead.

Hillbilly Mom said...

River,
Story coming up, on my not-so-secret blog! Right after The Pony's night/early morning of terror!