Sunday, May 12, 2024

No Need To Call The Authorities

Let the record show that I have been experiencing internet problems. Since shortly after noon on Saturday, it has come and gone. Farmer H went down those 13 rail-less steps to the basement, to reset the WiFi and the modem. TWICE. But still, my connection comes and goes.

Around 8:00 p.m. I tried to do a System Restore of HIPPIE. It took until 10:00 p.m. That makes me think the problem may be within HIPPIE himself. When I DID get that System Restore completed, I could not access the innernets using Google Chrome. It was dead to me!!!

I switched to Microsoft Edge, which I think is no longer supported by anybody. But it got me connected when Google Chrome would not. 

This is just a heads-up in case Mrs. HM and her alter ego Val disappear from the innernets for a few days. It's not because Farmer H has finally succeeded in un-aliving Mrs. HM. Just a problem getting a connection.

2 comments:

River said...

I had very slow connections for a couple of days and decided it was because new wiring was being put into the new house builds on my block and the next block over. They will swear balck and blue that such things should not interfere with my internet yet that is when my problems occur, so raspberries to them.
I am also using microsoft edge and have been since I bought this laptop, it came pre installed to I used it and have had no trouble with it.

Hillbilly Mom said...

River,
That's the way it was with HIPPIE. Microsoft Edge worked fine for years, and then after one of those updates, it didn't. So I had to get Google Chrome downloaded and installed. Which I wasn't thrilled with at the time, but got used to it. Now I guess I'll learn to like Microsoft Edge again!

I've also used Firefox in the past, until an update also killed it, and deleted some of my stuff.