Tuesday, March 19, 2024

A Little Updating

Farmer H took the three insurance bills to our insurance office to grill them about the duplicates. They said this company always bills to the trust, and each name on the trust. That's poppycock! They said they've questioned this company about it, but it happens to every client who has a trust.

Of course they said the higher amount was what was due! Even though two of the bills showed the lower amount. AND, Farmer H did not bring back all three envelopes to me so I could show him that discrepancy. He said he "forgot" to ask about that. But they assured him the $1100-something was correct, not the $808 shown on the bills addressed to me, and to the trust. Anyhoo... he wrote a check and paid it. Now all we have to do is collect from The Pony, since it's his house.

In other news, I reminded Farmer H on Sunday that T-Hoe STILL needed something done to the driver's door, as I'd asked at least six months ago.

"It sounds like the door is going to fall off every time I open and close it! Can that happen? Can the door fall off?"

"Well, 99.9 it won't."

"You are NOT helping! Last time you sprayed that ugly foam stuff on it, and it quit making that creaky noise."

"I'll go do it right now. I have some things in the truck I need to take over to the BARn anyway."

Monday, when I opened T-Hoe's door, I felt like I had a new car! Until I started driving, and it still had the rattle underneath, and the tire sensor that shows ZERO pressure, and putt-putted at the stoplight like it might die any minute and leave me blocking traffic.

Oh, and Farmer H bought batteries for T-Hoe's clicker. They've been lying on the kitchen counter for about three weeks now.

Baby steps...

2 comments:

River said...

I still think there is something fishy about getting three bills when you never got three before. I think you should have gone with Farmer H and done a lot more questioning. Inconvenient, I agree, but I'm channeling my mum here who would have been at that counter asking to see a manager and tapping her forefinger forcefully on the counter to make her points.
And WHY in the blue blazes of Heaven are the clicker batteries still on the counter? Farmer H, you bring the batteries home, you ask for the clicker and you put them in it! simple!
Maybe you should tell him you won't be going anywhere, not even to get his diet soda until T-Hoe has proper tyre pressure and no rattles? scratch that idea, you need your scratchers....

Hillbilly Mom said...

River,
That's a good plan in theory, but I DO need my scratchers!

Farmer H is selectively forgetful when it comes to questioning the bills. At least he didn't fall for the fake electric company in India!