Monday, March 11, 2024

Farmer H Couldn't Buy A Clue, Even If Mrs. HM Financed It

Perhaps you've heard that Farmer H has a talent for arriving home right after Mrs. HM has carried in the groceries and put them away. Last week, I carried in 10 bags. Some were not light. Like the 9 bananas, and the carton of chicken broth, and the sour cream, biscuits, cream of chicken soup, and canned mushrooms. I left some of the heavier items in T-Hoe's rear. Things that didn't need refrigeration. Like canned white meat chicken, and pasta sauce.

Anyhoo... all week, I've been bringing in two bags of such non-immediate groceries as I return home. There are still some left. Some items in a box, from the last time I went in Save A Lot a couple weeks ago. Like salsa, and pickles.

Sunday evening, Farmer H realized he was drinking his last Diet Mountain Dew with supper. There are four 6-packs of it in T-Hoe's rear. Farmer H declared that he would go out and get it after supper. He did. Brought in two 6-packs. NOTHING ELSE!!!

"I thought you might bring in some of the groceries I've been carrying in two bags at a time. The 10 bags the other day almost killed me."

"Huh. You should have said something."

"A normal person would have noticed groceries that should be brought in. It's not like they're going to be stored in T-Hoe for eternity."

"Well, if I'd brought them in, you'd complain about having to put them away."

"Because you don't know how??? I would leave them until a convenient time to put away, later in the evening. It's not like I'd jump up and do it immediately."

"Huh. I can go back out right now and get them!"

"Never mind. You can do it tomorrow. It's just that you see them in the back of the car, and don't even consider how they're going to get in the house. And you only bring in two 6-packs of soda for yourself."

Sweet Gummi Mary! Where does Farmer H think his food comes from? He would starve if I depended on him to carry in the groceries.

6 comments:

River said...

As soon as he said "I can go back out right now" I would have said "Yes please!!" and then had him do enough trips to get EVERYTHING. I would close my ears to any complaining.

Hillbilly Mom said...

River,
It was one of those offers that I knew, if accepted, would lead to a day or more of pouting. Not worth it. Next time he needs soda, they'll get brought in. It's nothing we need immediately. Some pickles and salsa and chips, and a 12-pack of toilet paper. That's all that's left now, anyway.

River said...

I actually couldn't stand it, knowing there were things that should be in the house but aren't. Makes me glad I don't have a car, everything goes into my little pull-along trolley and gets wheeled right into the kitchen.

Hillbilly Mom said...

River,
If I don't need it right away, I don't care if it sits in the cabinet or in the car. As long as its not rolling around.

Kathy's Klothesline said...

I am always amazed at what HeWho doesn't notice. I have finally trained him to grab a bag or two when we arrive home from the grocery store. He would get out of the vehicle, go unock the door and yell at the dogs, then go out to begin bringing in bags. A wasted trip to the house from the vehicle! He has a habit of leaving the full 3 gallon bottles of drinking water in the truck and then complaining if the bottle in the dispenser needs to be changed ..... because it will be raining or too cold or too hot and he will have to go all the way to the truck to get another bottle. He is my idiot, that's what my Daddy told me when he would do something senseless.

Hillbilly Mom said...

Kathy,
Also, Farmer H puts his soda 6-packs on the top shelf of FRIG II with the plastic still holding them together. So it's really hard to put something else on that shelf. At least individual bottles can be moved around or laid down on another shelf.